Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie Garrido: 'Africa'_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel Angel Angel

I like this little song....it's a happy song!!! Here's my mix. Comments are always welcomed. I went for a bright and clear mix. It was a bit of work dealing with some of the tracks, the drum loop, etc. Overall I'm happy with this happy song. 

Peace,

Tom

.mp3    Africa_6M.mp3 --  (Download: 11.2 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hi Tommy,
On first listening I think the mix has an overemphasized mids. I think the main suspect is a drum loop.  
I guess I remember well that drums are just one loop.
I like brass reverb. What did you use? Smile
(11-05-2020, 06:04 PM)Nikola Mikovic Wrote: Hi Tommy,
On first listening I think the mix has an overemphasized mids. I think the main suspect is a drum loop.  
I guess I remember well that drums are just one loop.
I like brass reverb. What did you use? Smile

Thanks for your comment and question. I did an experiment using a multi-band transient shaper to beef up the drum loop track, but I guess it wasn't as successful as I wanted.....LOL. I mean, it's not bad but you are right about the mids.....it's a little weird in the upper mids. In the transient plugin I brought the mids up, the tail of the transient which actually did bring the snare more out in front. Bumped up the low transient and lowered the high transient because I thought the hi hat was too loud. Since I saw your comment, I messed with the mix some more with different techniques and got a better sound on the drum loop but still working on the mix....in between everything else....I will get back to it....and it sounds way better. Although I usually don't like doing it, I think I may add in some drum samples to the drum loop to really make it pop. As for the reverb, I only used one reverb and sent it to the various tracks in different amounts....Waves Renaissance Reverb, 2:15 seconds, padded low and high damping settings. 

Peace....hope to get a second mix up there soon.

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek