Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Children of no-one ...
I mix this months ago and took listen and say it suck so here it is all new ..disregard the old mix please ...Huh
update after a day of rest from the song I automated some ddy-rev parts in and fixed up the mix a little and add some bottem end by about 1 db . so please feed back is wanted badly ...so if you have some time doing this post something about my mix if you have NO idea what your doing well you can write but I will not listen cause I have took notice to some real crap mixes and those people talk like there pros cause you read abook .. so if you got real time behind a board Please follow up with me. if not I will be glad to give you insight on your mixes but please do not feed me some bs when in fact you have no idea what you are talking ABOUT.....................

.mp3    Children of no-one.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

.mp3    Children of on one {efx}.mp3 --  (Download: 8.56 MB)

Hi Mik

I think you made a great mix of this. Your approach to sound is very diffrent ftom mine, that makes neither of them wrong, I think you hear more like a JBL speaker sound, Im more B&W if you get the idea.

That said you made a great job o eq and makin a big soundin interestin mix that keeps interest all the way through. Clever move with the vocals during solo and the doubled vocals spund great. I dont remember bv bein harmonies, did you use melodyne or are my memory servin me bad Big Grin

The long echoes work well except one time, I'll give it a listen on my speakers tomorrow.

My impretion is you achieved what you aimed for and your creative moved work well

Lastly I understand what you say about some comments to mixes. I guess talkin about sound is as big an art as mixin - and sometimes some comments were better bein kept in the head.

Great job man !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Your mix translates better to my AKG 240 headphones than to my speakers.
I realise you want to prevent lo mid frequency buildup but to my ears you made too big a hole in the middle.
I miss some more lo mids.
The echo I mentioned yesterday is about 3,06 "stand"
I cant really explain why I dont like it there, than it disturbs more than it pleases.
You made the same trick around 2.00 "children" where the echo works great !

Some o the chorus lines or single words are a bit early from the performance, "we can change this" and "to break this down" are worth lookin into.

would be nice move to pull them back a tad.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(23-12-2013, 03:03 PM)Voelund Wrote: Your mix translates better to my AKG 240 headphones than to my speakers.
I realise you want to prevent lo mid frequency buildup but to my ears you made too big a hole in the middle.
I miss some more lo mids.
The echo I mentioned yesterday is about 3,06 "stand"
I cant really explain why I dont like it there, than it disturbs more than it pleases.
You made the same trick around 2.00 "children" where the echo works great !
I bet I no why the feedback on the first is set to 1 where the last too have a long trail to them but I will mess around with it ..
Some o the chorus lines or single words are a bit early from the performance, "we can change this" and "to break this down" are worth lookin into. iam not sure what to think there I will check it out
I use and out board ssl and some times the the snyc is out and to think I spend all that money on a program to lock it all up but what you gone do and the headphone thing I heard a good amount of space that not in the mon.. mix but maybe 7.1 has something to do with that ... but I did not care of the ddy at stand .. it was to much going on in that part of the song to make work the way I wanted .. that part why I ask you for your input .. it is worth listen to ..

would be nice move to pull them back a tad.

ddy means digital delay or ?
What I meant about the timin o the chorus vocals were they were sung like that - your gear has nothing to do with it.
Dont know what you mean 7.1 - is it the DAW you use ?

English isnt my native language and the language barrier can lead to misunderstandings sometimes.