Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaahhhhhhhhhh
Hi everyone i dont usually delete my mixes but listening to them once i read Dave comments i remembered that i didnt even listen to my mix on other reference media(which i normally do),and it was very harsh sounding, so i have uploaded a final mix and thanks again Dave for lending me your ears.

I have to do better on mixing this track Big Grin  final mix update has more focus drums, bass and everything else for that matter Smile  a more focus mix one might say?

.mp3    The Black Crown Cage Final Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.96 MB)

.mp3    The Black Crown Cage Final Mix.UPDATE.mp3 --  (Download: 12.02 MB)

Reaper user
(13-06-2020, 06:46 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi hope everyone is well,love the vibe of this track so i gave it a go.
Hey, was enjoying your mix at the start and it was building nicely and I was excited to hear the impending wall of sound from the big guitars..... .... but they just weren't there..... you have all the high-frequency energy, but to me, they are lacking all the body and growl that makes them awesome.... the effect is when your mix returns to the verses they seem bigger/fuller and bolder in comparison
(13-06-2020, 08:47 PM)TheBouff Wrote:
(13-06-2020, 06:46 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi hope everyone is well,love the vibe of this track so i gave it a go.
Hey, was enjoying your mix at the start and it was building nicely and I was excited to hear the impending wall of sound from the big guitars..... .... but they just weren't there..... you have all the high-frequency energy, but to me, they are lacking all the body and growl that makes them awesome.... the effect is when your mix returns to the verses they seem bigger/fuller and bolder in comparison
Totally agree with you,i think my ears got a bit to fragile,mix2 is uploaded.
Reaper user
I think i may have a bit too much top end on snare anyone ?
Reaper user
(15-06-2020, 07:05 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: I think i may have a bit too much top end on snare anyone ?
Hey Mate,

This is not my genre, but yeah, i reckon there's a bit too much 7k-ish on the snare.  Listening on my monitors,  the mix is sounding too busy around the 2-3khz mark also.  The vocals appear to be occupying a lot of space here and when the guitars start it becomes over the top.  The heavy guitars are probably too fuzzy and clippy for my ears also.  If that's in the recording I guess your stuck with it.  Anyway,  great work so far.  It's certainly got the Cudjoe, vibe and drive that we've all come to know. Smile
(15-06-2020, 09:31 AM)Dangerous Wrote:
(15-06-2020, 07:05 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: I think i may have a bit too much top end on snare anyone ?
Hey Mate,

This is not my genre, but yeah, i reckon there's a bit too much 7k-ish on the snare.  Listening on my monitors,  the mix is sounding too busy around the 2-3khz mark also.  The vocals appear to be occupying a lot of space here and when the guitars start it becomes over the top.  The heavy guitars are probably too fuzzy and clippy for my ears also.  If that's in the recording I guess your stuck with it.  Anyway,  great work so far.  It's certainly got the Cudjoe, vibe and drive that we've all come to know. Smile
Thanks Dave for lending me your ears.
Reaper user
A more focus mix (final mix UPDATE)
Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe, I really like your approach, to be honest at first i was a little bit taken back by the drum choice, the vocals sound great (i struggled) i do think the tail on the delay is a little to pronounced though.
anything else would really be nitpicking
(19-06-2020, 01:54 PM)Spandexcore Wrote: Hey Cudjoe, I really like your approach, to be honest at first i was a little bit taken back by the drum choice, the vocals sound great (i struggled) i do think the tail on the delay is a little to pronounced though.
anything else would really be nitpicking
Hi Span thanks very much for your comments,i would like to know what you mean by taken back by the drums so that i could learn more! Smile
Reaper user
They were Just suprising, im not sure if you added a bottom snare or what. its hard to explain (helpful i know) they sound cool, it may have been that i had been listening to my own mix the whole day, that when i heard yours it was totally different