Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Cage mix and master
Here is my mix and master of The Black Crown's Cage.

-Some light EQ to brighten up the mix a bit more.
-Flashed a limiter on the vocals, which was the first time I used one. Go figure. Big Grin 
-Not terribly happy with how the toms turned out, but they are a bit more prominent in the mix.
-The drums turned out okay. Not really my go-to sound, but I didn't want to resample the drums.
-Bass and guitar was really good. I liked the sound of them in the bridge section.
-Mastering took a bit of time, since I lost the original bounce due to a technical issue. Lesson learned: Don't forget to save in the original folder. Big Grin

.mp3    The Black Crown - Cage.mp3 --  (Download: 7.2 MB)

balances are pretty good.. is mostly eq and compression that needs some more work.. to keep the track more controlled.. sounds raw in a good way but to make it more like a record you need some more work on that. second guitar on verse 2 is quite overpowering everything else. Bass needs a tiny more presence. You should look into panning some stuff a lil more.. to get a wider mix.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah...maybe speed mixing isn't my strong suit and should spend a little more time with it.
Round 2.

1. Drums has more "oomph" to them.
2. Bass was left alone since last time. Not really needed to be touched.
3. Guitars I added a bit more bite and more dynamic range to differentiate between verse and chorus.
4. Vocals were started from scratch. I think they turned out really well.
5. Mastering was also started from scratch.  -1db and tried to hit the -15LUFS, but it peaked at -14.2. Ah, well.

.mp3    The Black Crown - Cage.mp3 --  (Download: 7.2 MB)