Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Silona: 'Learning How To Fly
Silona: 'Learning How To Fly - Mix

.mp3    Silona_LearningHowToFly-Mix 1,01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.34 MB)

.mp3    Silona_LearningHowToFly-Mix 1,03.mp3 --  (Download: 8.34 MB)

Hi August ,
Nice balanced mix ,listening on my monitors the piano in the intro sounds nice in the stereo field ,thinking could be a little fuller in the bottom end maybe below 200-300 hz.
I had the same challenge with the piano and ended making a duplicate mono piano track just for more body in the bottom end in the centre channel.
Also did a similar thing with the Accoustic guitars.
The Snare sounds a little upfront in the mix might be just the low frequencies below 200hz and some room boxyness around 400-500hz needs taming and adding some air to the top end ?
Just some thoughts while listening that will hopefully will help !
Cheers

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(11-06-2020, 07:27 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi August ,
Nice balanced mix ,listening on my monitors the piano in the intro sounds nice in the stereo field ,thinking could be a little fuller in the bottom end maybe below 200-300 hz.
I had the same challenge with the piano and ended making a duplicate mono piano track just for more body in the bottom end in the centre channel.
The Snare sounds a little upfront in the mix might be just the low frequencies below 200hz and some room boxyness around 400-500hz needs taming and adding some air to the top end ?
Cheers
Thanks Thedon for listening and comments. I will change the snare and piano later today. Smile
Cheers
(11-06-2020, 07:27 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi August ,
Cheers
Did some edits, thanks again!
Cheers
Mix 1,03 is sounding good,the snare is sitting better in the mix.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts