Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.17 Average
The Black Crown: 'Cage' ba dum tsssssss
Express your opinion. I'm very interested) This is my first experience with this style.

.mp3    рок (Recover 20-06-09-09-26-51-619).mp3 --  (Download: 12.26 MB)

Not bad for a first try! I recommend you work on the balancing first, though. I think the mixing itself is okay. I think the vocals is too much in front, and drums too much in the back, for my taste at least. Nice idea using flangers in the pre-bridge, but make sure they are not making the guitar sound harsh and too phase-y (is that a word?). I think you over-EQ'd the main rhythm guitars a bit. I'd let some of low and mix back into the tone to add some weight to the side channels (they sound a bit mono-ish despite the pan because too much 'weight' is lost), and maybe try search-and-destroying some places around 3-5k Hz that are making them harsh (try saturators instead!). Overdriven guitars in Verse 2 is a bit muddy and too wet and quite loud. Drums are quite roomy imo, kick and snare are already samples, so no need to hide them in the back let it punch through the mix! I'd try lowering room track too, and carve out the low end to make the kick not so roomy. Back off the vocals a bit especially in verses. Bass sounds good already.Other than that it should be good! Hope this helps!

btw, please check my mix out too!
I like what you did with the toms.. not bad at all I also agree the vocals are too loud.. this would be perfect for a pop song but it just doesn't fit the genre.

keep it up!
Really nice mix mate, what to me made this mix grate is mostly that sweet editing to the vocals, sounds really in tune and smooth. Is that melodyne? I must try to look at that more often, really elivates mixes. On the refrain its a bit 2 much for my taste, instead i would like to hear more headbanging guitars! Those where so cool recorded. Nice kick also. For me i think that the snare needs some la 76 style compression to get that lenght and attitude, it feels to nice 2 me even though it is "perfect" in context, and levelwhise. The bass could maybe have some more girt somehow, i really slammed my bass in my mix and left some di-attack, sorta worked for me i think.