Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown CAGE mix
Hello guys!
Please check my mix and give me feedback. Thank you!

.mp3    ver4.mp3 --  (Download: 11.59 MB)

version 2 added.
(10-06-2020, 10:40 PM)MiG Wrote: version 2 added.
HI

So when I listen to you mix the kick feels a little off, it sounds to me like a flam is happening (2 hits very close together) instead of a single hit, which I think is sucking out a bit of power/punch..... maybe there is some delay that has been created or a sample is triggering ever-so-slightly late
Hey MiG, i like you drums here, they feel tight. For me this song was bugging me the most since the the "tightness" was not the best but it was a very nice recording and performance if you get what i mean, nothing bad just that it was of somehow in the context to everything else. The guitars where really nice recorded, especially DI whise, so i think that is what this mix lacks, is some better guitars vs the mixing youve done to the drum performance, i would like to hear some amptones to the intro guitars to see what you come up with. Nice toms aswell, gj!
(11-06-2020, 04:30 PM)TheBouff Wrote:
HI

So when I listen to you mix the kick feels a little off, it sounds to me like a flam is happening (2 hits very close together) instead of a single hit, which I think is sucking out a bit of power/punch..... maybe there is some delay that has been created or a sample is triggering ever-so-slightly late
Thanks for bringing my attention. Mono room track was unsynchronized. I fixed it.
(11-06-2020, 04:38 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey MiG, i like you drums here, they feel tight. For me this song was bugging me the most since the the "tightness" was not the best but it was a very nice recording and performance if you get what i mean, nothing bad just that it was of somehow in the context to everything else. The guitars where really nice recorded, especially DI whise, so i think that is what this mix lacks, is some better guitars vs the mixing youve done to the drum performance, i would like to hear some amptones to the intro guitars to see what you come up with. Nice toms aswell, gj!
I tried to make the guitars better. Check version 3.
(13-06-2020, 12:27 PM)MiG Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 04:30 PM)TheBouff Wrote:
HI

Thanks for bringing my attention. Mono room track was unsynchronized. I fixed it.
Woah makes such a great difference to the kick, love it