Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Cage (FINAL MIX)
I think v5 is going to be my final mix on this one, this track has grown on me a lot, I really quite like it

thanks for listening, hope you like it

.mp3    TheBlackCrown-Cage v3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.01 MB)

.mp3    TheBlackCrown-Cage v4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.01 MB)

.mp3    TheBlackCrown-Cage v5.mp3 --  (Download: 12.09 MB)

pretty solid mix.. not sure how I feel about that hihat being to the left.. personal taste though. I like the crispness of the voice.. any tips on how you got that sound?
(08-06-2020, 04:09 AM)Shul Wrote: pretty solid mix.. not sure how I feel about that hihat being to the left.. personal taste though. I like the crispness of the voice.. any tips on how you got that sound?
Hey, Shul

Thanks so much for your feedback, I'm a drummer lol so I guess I'm just predisposed to having hi-hats in my left ear lol..... for this reason I always try to mix based on drummer perspective... ha

For the vocal, i tried to treat backing vocal 1 with as much importance a the main vocal.... I have 4 vocal busses that all vocal tracks go to in varying amounts.... they are

A Waves Doubler 2 to help thicken up
A verb
A slap style delay
A big stereo delay

for the EQ i boosted at about 200 and 4/5k ish mostly and compressed each vocal track, and then compressed again twice on the vocal bus

I have no idea if I'm doing it right lol, just making it up as i go along

I very much liked the punchyness of the drums in your mix, so for my version 2 i have tried to give the drums a little more punch and clarity as i felt they kind of got lost at times
I have added v4 as my final mix, only change was to make the toms more present as I felt they were a little hidden in mix 3
It's a solid mix still.. Your vocal processing I want to say is on the money. I would love to have those vocals in my mix.. good job!!
(12-06-2020, 03:41 AM)Shul Wrote: It's a solid mix still..  Your vocal processing I want to say is on the money. I would love to have those vocals in my mix..  good job!!
Thanks for the kind words
One of the best mixes hand down! Everything is on point. Although I think some tracks like high tom and hihats are too loud but still. I LOVE the drums, nice groove from the well compressed tails, while having awesome attacks. Not having to rely on being the loudest part of the mix to sound clear because the dynamics and mixing is already well thought out, therefore leaving space for the huge wall of guitars. GREAT, GREAT JOB. Really. One of my favorite mixes of the song.

I would really love and appreciate your comments on my mix.
(12-06-2020, 09:34 AM)bcs_mix Wrote: One of the best mixes hand down! Everything is on point. Although I think some tracks like high tom and hihats are too loud but still. I LOVE the drums, nice groove from the well compressed tails, while having awesome attacks. Not having to rely on being the loudest part of the mix to sound clear because the dynamics and mixing is already well thought out, therefore leaving space for the huge wall of guitars. GREAT, GREAT JOB. Really. One of my favorite mixes of the song.

I would really love and appreciate your comments on my mix.
Thanks so much, BCS_mix
For this mix I actually started with the heavy guitars, then vocals, bass, other guitars and drums last..... normally I'm a drums first mixer but I wanted to nail the wall of sound from the heavy guitar track and then build around that
Hi there very solid mix v4 good stuff.
Reaper user
This mix wins it for me. Very well balanced. Listening to this I can hear where I went wrong. Great job!