Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown: 'Cage' kapu mix
song was nice to mix. ^_^

.mp3    The Black Crown_ Cage kapu mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.1 MB)

.mp3    The Black Crown_ Cage kapu mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.12 MB)

good mix. You always manage to make the mix interesting. balances are pretty good as usual. the only thing and this is just me being super annoying with this (probably a personal issue and no one shares the same opinion) the recording overall is too bright.. sometimes harsh, vocals, guitars so some of the mixes here were a lil too bright for me and that's what mine sounds a lot more midrange heavy and not as bright. Yours sounds like it has a boost on the high mids.. and I mean in the overall sound of the song maybe this is just my imagination but that's what I feel.

having said that I don't hear anything poking out or the brightness being way too harsh.. it's where it should be. I like your mix it sounds.. different.. good job!.
(08-06-2020, 02:45 AM)Shul Wrote: good mix. You [...]

thank you for listening! there isnt any boost on upper mids, although it could be a level issue or something. ^_^
added second mix.
Hi kapu,

I think both mixes sound great! I don't think either of them are THAT bright at all, listening from actual monitors
and HD600 which is a pretty reliable headphone monitor. I've heard tons of brighter pro mixes, obviouly not a bad thing either, if the mix's bright without sounding harsh, thats just more energy! This song's already got calming verses for contrast so why not have the chorus blast a bit! If anything, I think you can improve the toms a bit more. They are crucial to the drums in this track and tighter, punchier toms would bring a lot more energy to the groove. Maybe try enhancing the transients and tame down the releases, and give them a little less 'boom' in low freq and more smack in the high mids. Just my opinion. Also I kinda like that you put the time to tuning the vocals, but some are a bit... weird? It's nothing really I'm just not used to it lol just pointing it out.

Please check my mixes out, too. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Again, great job as always.
I like how the second sounds too.. is very balanced in the dynamics.. but not squashed to life and vocals are clear. not a fan of the boxy eq .. but this works good with the rest of the track.
Hey Kapu, nice autotuning on vox. Nice energy in the highend in the drums, really gritty without being 2 harsh, and really nice punch in them aswell. Why Di's in the beginning Big Grin? I think i started with the di one and the amped and i put a guitar plugin on the DI to match the sound of the amped and then panned them both left right, after that i put another amp plugin on the bus i put them on and equed left and right to make them match a bit further, nothing harder then that, and even if it was of i don't think its worse then having only di's ? Other then that i like this mix, i would listen to it on a radio for sure.