Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cage mix (FINAL MIX)
(07-06-2020, 11:03 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hi Shul Smile To me its a big no to only have di's in a metal song. Feels like the start of the song is very weak and stale sort of, needs some attitude in some way. When the guitars come in at refrain they feel very muddy, like theres a lid on them. Cymbals are gone as i can hear. Kick is punchy in lowend though.

mix 2? cause mix 2 has cymbals, corrected some of the essing on the vocals, cut some 400hz on the verse guitars.. overall it sounds a bit less muddy.. or so I thought Sad.

I agree it needs attitude especially in the verse sections with the guitars. I used a bit of distortion to give it a lil more edge as they sound too dull imo.
As for the di's only... well I cheated .. I panned left right the DI's and Amp's .. so it actually has the amp recording in there somewhere.. that's why it sounds stereo.

Thanks for the input Crownoise Smile.
Hay Shul,
Sounds pretty good , Nice work with the vocals and effects.
The transition between the verse and chorus on this song is a challenge.
As already mentioned the guitars in the first verse just needs to come up a touch with a little more grit and distortion like the second verse to blend in a touch more with the chorus which sounds great on my monitors.
Another thing that came to mind while listening is in the verse some more top end of the room mics to help with the Hi hat track ?
Nice mixing !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Yo Mix 2 is a MASSIVE improvement! Great job on that. It already sounds 'complete', but if it were me I would squueze even more energy out of the vocals with even more aggressive compression (I don't think they sound very tight yet, and in some places are kinda 'honky' in the lomids idk), and give snare and toms some high mid bosst to make them smack harder. GREAT, GREAT job on the guitars though. Boosting highs really did wonders and nice job cleaning the lomid rumble too. Bass is also nice, stands out a bit too much for my taste but sounds good.. I wanna point out that the left crash cymbal is really loud though and needs some lowcut, this is the 2nd mix I notice this so it's probably in the source track but eh it's nothing really. Again, great job, as always.

Still would love to hear your thoughs on my mix, though Smile
Mix 3 will be my final for now. if I screwed up oh well Lol. happy mixing everyone!
Good job with the guitars transition from the verse to the chorus.
See you on the next song !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts