Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would really appreciate feedback on this one!
This mix was pretty tough, the new folder / freezing features in PT helped a lot though.  I'm not sure the best approach to these larger sessions, maybe its time to look into topdown mixing a bit more?  Its just tough when things change a lot from section to section.

.mp3    AngeloBoltini_ThisTown_Full_3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.71 MB)

update

.mp3    AngeloBoltini_ThisTown_Full_4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.05 MB)

Oh Nice! 
I like it.
 But I do finding listening to Lead vocal being that wide for the whole song a bit taxing.  
Cheers!
Its a really cool, cinematic approach - I would like a more upfront lead vocal to tell the story, the effect on it I find super weird, if you could simplify and enhance the vocal clarity I think the rest of the mix would really fall into place. There are some spots where the bass feels a bit lacking in low end (1:42). Other than that its pretty solid and has a nice lift at the end!
(05-06-2020, 11:53 AM)eggshell Wrote: Oh Nice! 
I like it.
 But I do finding listening to Lead vocal being that wide for the whole song a bit taxing.  
Cheers!
Thank you eggshell!  I need to work on my vocal production chops, I grew up as a guitar player so I was never that interested in vocals.  I'm trying to learn now.
(05-06-2020, 12:27 PM)lm425 Wrote: Its a really cool, cinematic approach - I would like a more upfront lead vocal to tell the story, the effect on it I find super weird, if you could simplify and enhance the vocal clarity I think the rest of the mix would really fall into place. There are some spots where the bass feels a bit lacking in low end (1:42). Other than that its pretty solid and has a nice lift at the end!
With big sessions like these I have a bad habit of way overdoing the bass and then trying to fix it in mastering.  Just takes practice I guess.  I'm going to try to fix the vocal on this track, it's definitely outside my comfort zone.
I agree with Im425, and I like pretty much the cinematic vibe. I love the toms. Lead vocals could effectively be simpler in the beginning (less doubling) and a bit nearer. Balance is well done, the strings are nicely brought up in the mix.