Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown: 'Cage'_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel Angel Angel
This song grows on you doesn't it???? I really liked mixing it.....spent A LOT OF TIME ON IT!!!!!! Hope y'all like it.

Tom

.mp3    Cage_8M.mp3 --  (Download: 12.1 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
snare verb is too much for me. It sounds like snare sound had no mic when recorded and all of the sound you hear is from the overheads.
(02-06-2020, 09:22 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: Angel Angel Angel
This song grows on you doesn't it???? I really liked mixing it.....spent A LOT OF TIME ON IT!!!!!! Hope y'all like it.

Tom
----------------

Hi, I honestly can't agree with you. I think the verb is perfect. The snare sounds like a "real" snare, given the sampled drums provided, etc. Additionally all the drums sound like they are in the same space, almost like it's a real drummer playing on stage, which is what I was going for and achieved, in my opinion. Adding a bit more reverb makes drum samples sound better to me. The drums overall sound more real to me than some other mixes I've heard. Also, I could have, but did NOT sound-replace the snare with a better sounding one. But, thanks for commenting.

Tom
Hi Tjm, i actually like your mix. It has a pop-rock aproach to it. To me though i think this is more of a guitardriven song, so would have been cool to hear something deep happening to the guitars since you went more popish. For me, i don't get why mixers use DI's, why not amp them Big Grin??? I mean its a metal song so i do not think that the artist intended to keep them di's. If vocals came down a bit and guitars up i think would be a good mix, its musical. Nice drums! The snare feels a bit "tame" but i do like the rooms and the controll of the freq's in the overall drum sound.
(11-06-2020, 04:20 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hi Tjm, i actually like your mix. It has a pop-rock aproach to it. To me though i think this is more of a guitardriven song, so would have been cool to hear something deep happening to the guitars since you went more popish. For me, i don't get why mixers use DI's, why not amp them Big Grin??? I mean its a metal song so i do not think that the artist intended to keep them di's. If vocals came down a bit and guitars up i think would be a good mix, its musical. Nice drums! The snare feels a bit "tame" but i do like the rooms and the controll of the freq's in the overall drum sound.

-----------------
Thanks for your comments....all good and constructive. It's funny, though, because I didn't use any of the DI tracks, except maybe the bass. 

Tom