Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night Black Cage
Would you like to hear a mix? It's fresh, just for you.

Body map at sea.

Of course, if you have any queries, please fill out the below reply box. It all works pretty well.

.mp3    TheBlackCrown_CageM1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.14 MB)

~
Other Mixes
Tbh, I think your mix is very squashed and reverby. All the dynamic from ghost notes all destroyed, and the vocals and bass are too soaked in reverb, while snare is awkwardly dry. Yet, you still somehow managed to make a sonically balanced mix out of it, I'm impressed with that, lol! I recommend you look into the points I mention, and I'm confident this will turn into a very good mix.

Also, please check my mix out as well.

Also 2, filter out the sub freq. under 30Hz on the bass.
Hello mate,

Yeah, I'm not sure what to say. I've only got a low long verb on the vocals and a room verb on all the drums bar the kick. There's no verb on the bass and I'm pretty sure everyone worth their salt knows not to put reverb on a bass. Especially such a nice bass, by the sounds of it it's probably a Music Man with its natural growl that it has. The snare is not dry at all sorry to say.

I gave your mix a bit of a listen (though I could only get half of it cause the site is running a tad slow for me). I'm a little surprised you called it reverby, it's got very little verb. Especially compared to your mix which I gave a listen to which has what seems to be more effects than mine does. It feels like it's swimming in reverb and delay. Not that it's a bad thing, especially if that's what you're going for, but you've definitely got more effects than I do. Also what I would also say about your mix is it's pretty harsh maybe around the 2k - 2.5k area. And your vocals have very little tone as well below 1k making them pretty harsh. Drums in your song sound hot though, but the drums are easy to get sounding good cause they are very good digital samples.

So yeah, I recommend you look into the points I mentioned. I'm confident it can turn into a very good mix.

Also, maybe get a little more bass in your master, but that's just a personal preference. I like making my sub work a bit. Putting more bass in your mix will also make it seem less harsh. Hope that helps Smile
~
Other Mixes
Hey Quathamer, i really like this mix Smile I do not think its squashed in any means, i only think it comes down to some mastering eq, give it a tiny more highmids in someway. Seems a bit scooped around 1.8k kinda, but nice one gj.
Hey Crownoise,

Cheers for the feedback, that's great advice. So funny you say that about 1.8k - I didn't scoop it exactly but I did put some processing on it to make it a little more transparent. I usually do this to my heavier tracks to prevent ear fatigue. I might upload a second bounce without it to see if anyone can hear the difference.

Brilliant ear, good pickup.
~
Other Mixes
I love the width on the vocal. I haven't mixed this one, is it a plugin effect you used or are there actual doubles in the multi? Sort of a production note, but I might wait on releasing the full width till the chorus.

Really digging this mix! I know you were just talking about ear fatigue, but honestly I think the guitars could be a little brighter in the chorus. Also, I love the bass tone, but I think it needs some saturation to stick out on top just a hair more...and less verb lol. Probably just my ears being tired for today though.
Thanks for listening!
Logic, Midas M32, KRK monitors, Beyerdynamic and Focal headphones
Oh nice mix! Heavy thumpy lows nice. 
I love the energy on the vocal. 
I kind of wish that you would switch up the vocal a little for the bridge part just to give it a different feel.

Awesome mate!
Amazing mix again mate!