Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angelo Boltini: 'This Town' kapu mix
Song was nice. ^_^

.mp3    Angelo Boltini_This Town kapu mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

.mp3    Angelo Boltini_ This Town kapu mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.34 MB)

Nice Mix kapu.  Love the forward, edgy, contrasting vocal and the big percussive impacting sound.  It works very well.  I reckon you could afford even some extra smack on the snare if you wanted to.  Well Done.
(02-06-2020, 09:36 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice Mix kapu. [...]

thanks for listening! initially i was thinking about omitting a lot of the tracks, and just leaving the basic instruments. at some point, snare was also smackier. ^_^
I like it a lot kapu,well done. This vocal is so forward and this is nice. I don't know about snare maybe it should be 2-3 dB lower but anyway as i said the mix sound is good Smile
Cheers
Hi, I rarely write posts with my recommendations on the mix.
With regards to the mix:
Decide on plans for tools. To organize interaction between them. What instruments will be in the foreground in the second and third plan by the space and volume of the instruments. Very often it’s enough to make the instrument a little quieter than to do destructive equalization.
I advise you to listen to this mix in the original on YouTube in order to understand what emotions the author of this work wanted to convey.
Good luck and a good mix!
Hi!

Overall good balance. The problem is that the sound image is too 2D without depth.
(03-06-2020, 11:08 PM)berkaykorkmaz Wrote: I like it a lot [...]

thanks for listening! i have a bad habit of pushing drums in face. ^_^
(04-06-2020, 10:21 AM)JunglestateUnion Wrote: Hi, I rarely write [...]

thanks for extensive feedback!

i did listen the original, but didn't like it. if thats what artist wanted, then its a good bet my mixing would never please him, no matter what approach id try to take. a good point about the eq. levels are usually more effective way of fitting things together. that being said, i indeed used lot of eq here. ^_^
(04-06-2020, 06:24 PM)mik123 Wrote: Hi! [...]

thanks for feedback! ive always had trouble with the 3d stuff, and usually just discard the idea completely when mixing. ^_^
added second mix ^_^