Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Silona: 'Learning How To Fly'(mix&master)
What do you think guys ? I loved that song .

Mammy plays  with rules  and does not limit himself with ordinary mixing bullshits
Hi

Generally it's a nice mix.

However, there is ... I don't know, something is missing. I cannot really put my finger on it. I think it's an energy thing ... it doesn't feel quite right. I'm having the same issues myself. Check out Mike's amazing preview mix, perhaps that clarifies what I mean.

Cheers
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
(03-06-2020, 12:42 AM)Krabbe Wrote: Hi

However, there is ... I don't know, something is missing. I cannot really put my finger on it. I think it's an energy thing ... it doesn't feel quite right. I'm having the same issues myself. Check out  Mike's amazing preview mix, perhaps that clarifies what I mean.

Cheers
thanks for comments.I think you wanna hear more kick drum. I buried it in the mix.Is my answer true Krabbe ?
(03-06-2020, 01:40 AM)Mammy Wrote:
(03-06-2020, 12:42 AM)Krabbe Wrote: Hi

However, there is ... I don't know, something is missing. I cannot really put my finger on it. I think it's an energy thing ... it doesn't feel quite right. I'm having the same issues myself. Check out  Mike's amazing preview mix, perhaps that clarifies what I mean.

Cheers
thanks for comments.I think you wanna hear more kick drum. I buried it in the mix.Is my answer true Krabbe ?
I ALWAYS wanna hear more kick Wink

No, there's plenty of kick. I think it's more of a general dynamic issue ... maybe it's something with the balance between the drums and all the piano, synths, rhodes and what not
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
I Like the live sound and clarity of your mix , maybe the snare could come down just a touch .

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts