Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9: 'Living Lie'
Hi there!

Here is my take on this.
It's been a long time since my last mix.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers!

.mp3    LivingLieV1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.17 MB)

Hi hobbyist

- nice intro vibe. Like the distant intro guitar - makes a nice contrast with the bridge
- vocal sounds a bit overcompressed to me - perhaps consider a little more fader automation (?)
- snare sound is cool.
- chorus and the lead vocal - the guitars really push forward vs the lead vocal - the guitars are brighter and or higher in level - see what you think
- lead guitar part feels like it could use a bit of delay or reverb to blend into your general soundscape
- limiting a bit heavy? Feels a bit constrained/pumping at times - if intentional, a quicker release time perhaps (?)
- like the balance of guitars and the bass guitar fills are highlighted - nice

Thanks again for mixing our track - hope these observations are helpful !

Thomas
(09-06-2020, 08:48 PM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi hobbyist

- nice intro vibe.  Like the distant intro guitar - makes a nice contrast with the bridge
- vocal sounds a bit overcompressed to me - perhaps consider a little more fader automation (?)
- snare sound is cool.
- chorus and the lead vocal - the guitars really push forward vs the lead vocal - the guitars are brighter and or higher in level - see what you think
- lead guitar part feels like it could use a bit of delay or reverb to blend into your general soundscape
- limiting a bit heavy?  Feels a bit constrained/pumping at times - if intentional, a quicker release time perhaps (?)
- like the balance of guitars and the bass guitar fills are highlighted - nice

Thanks again for mixing our track - hope these observations are helpful !

Thomas
Thank you very much Thomas for taking the time to listen and give me your view.

It's always helpful to receive feedback and more if it is constructive and more if it is from the artist himself.

Thanks again!
You are very welcome - the reference mix is mine, so I learn a lot from listening to everyone else's take on it as well - so thanks to you ! Smile