Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magician,s Nephew Symphony Of Silence
Hope everyone is ok, i spent around a week and a half  trying to get the main gtrs right,still not 100% happy with them, anyway here it is Big Grin

.mp3    Magician,s Nephew Symphony Of Silence Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)

.mp3    Magicians Nephew Symphony Of Silence Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.97 MB)

.mp3    Magicians Nephew, Symphony Of Silence Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.94 MB)

Reaper user
cudjoe, the guitars sound great big spacious, vox sounds good although maybe a little too much dirt on it for me, around the choruses maybe try create some more space somehow, it sounds very crowded.
anyway there my opinion is ;-D

really good Mix
(07-06-2020, 12:20 PM)Spandexcore Wrote: cudjoe, the guitars sound great big spacious, vox sounds good although maybe a little too much dirt on it for me, around the choruses maybe try create some more space somehow, it sounds very crowded.
anyway there my opinion is ;-D

really good Mix
Thank you very much,because i got no comments i made some adjustments i felt was needed before i read your comments so here it is,of coarse i will look into your comments.glad you like it.
Reaper user
Hi Cudjoe,

nice mix you did there Smile the guitars really do have a nice feel to them
Just a few things that come to my mind. (And only because I did a mix of that song myself just yesterday. So I got a little adjusted to some sounds.)

1. the mix gets a little crunchy in the louder parts (audible distortion that's a little off-putting)
2. the kick seems a good 2dB too loud (doesn't really sit in the mix)
3. the vocals feel a little thin (maybe try boosting a little less highs)

Hope that helps. I'll be putting up my mix now as well. Feel free to have a listen, so we can have a discussion Smile

Cheers
Thanks Steven for comments i have done a mix3 based on comments,cheers.
Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe!

Mix 3 is the only one I have listened to, and I like how it's all sitting. You created a really nice space around the vox, a good bed of low end from the bass (not the most articulate bass tone, but I don't think it is required in this song). It has a good push of energy through the sections.

Maybe it feels a little crowded during the final chorus, but I'm not sold on the thought.

Really nice work!
Draper
(08-06-2020, 06:41 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Hey Cudjoe!

Mix 3 is the only one I have listened to, and I like how it's all sitting.  You created a really nice space around the vox, a good bed of low end from the bass (not the most articulate bass tone, but I don't think it is required in this song).  It has a good push of energy through the sections.

Maybe it feels a little crowded during the final chorus, but I'm not sold on the thought. 

Really nice work!
Draper
     Hi Draper thanks very much for your comments glad you like it.
Reaper user
I really like it, i just think the snare is poking out a bit too much