Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebuld the evil for estimation (comment, please)
This one was a very interesting but contradictory track.
The drummer is good. The kick and the snare were played and recorded with love. Toms were less, overheads are cripped, the room is absent.
The bass player is mediocre (being a bassplayer myself  I would sure put everything under the kick). The bass recorded well, but the sound does not fit. Smile
The guitars are awesome, played and recorded, however I replaced low end part.
I want the vocals to be doubled, but there is a space to twist them any way. I did not find a good solution to fit back vocals, maybe it should be the band feedback to explain the initial idea.
What I did here:
  • Sampled an overheads. If the toms were more significant for the song - I would sample them either.
  • Reamped and reformed the bass sound. Even, as I said, the guitars are great, the basement should be very solid, and additional harmonics fullful some midrange guitar cuts.
  • Worked with the space for the guitars a lot, to find the balance between clarity and volume. Backing guiatrs parts are played different thing in the bridge - it looks like a mistake. 
  • Made the vocals very saturated at top end. To have the right (as I see it) balance I pulled the guitars back by some frequency cuts when vocals arrive.
UPD.: Added stems for those who interested. Of course there is some mastering work above everything - these tracks are without it.

.mp3    Rebuild the Evil - Burial of Silence.mp3 --  (Download: 4.27 MB)

.mp3    bass-stem.mp3 --  (Download: 4.27 MB)

.mp3    drum-stem.mp3 --  (Download: 4.27 MB)

.mp3    guitar-stem.mp3 --  (Download: 4.27 MB)

.mp3    vocals-stem.mp3 --  (Download: 4.27 MB)