Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wires - Red On You
Ok so here's my take at this song...Honestly some parts of it have been a pain in the ass...Cant say I enjoyed it, specially the drums should be re-recored again because, honestly, those are crap...

.mp3    Master Wire - Red On You v4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

Hey Akr3,
Yes, not an easy task to mix it.
I like the balance, has good amount of low end, I like it.
Drums, I feel drum kick is a bit smaller than snare, snare sound is really cool!. Drums were truly not an easy one to mix. Still though it's not bad.
Bass and Gtrs works well. Solid mix! Cheers.
(24-05-2020, 05:02 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hey Akr3,
Yes, not an easy task to mix it.
I like the balance, has good amount of low end, I like it.
Drums, I feel drum kick is a bit smaller than snare, snare sound is really cool!. Drums were truly not an easy one to mix. Still though it's not bad.
Bass and Gtrs works well. Solid mix! Cheers.
Thanks for ur comment : ) !

Yeah...quite a pain in the ass. Might tweak a bit the kick yeah...it was the first thing i mixed and sounded pretty good i didnt spend much more time with it...Snare and toms took much more effort...had do redo the snare a couple of times + a lot of processing and a bit of parallel drum replacement....It didnt work out that well with toms so i just sticked to their original sound and lot less processing...but not much luck either...

Guitars and bass sounds quite good, so its just a matter of not over eq'ing and stuff, tho the tricky part might be how loud they should be and find the right balance with bass and vocals.

Again, thanks for ur comment!
Cheers
The mix works for me. The kick is a little loud and click-y and tends to be the focus of the song. I think if it were back in the mix more I could focus on the vocals more and listen to the song as opposed to the parts.
(25-05-2020, 01:23 PM)RoyM Wrote: The mix works for me. The kick is a little loud and click-y and tends to be the focus of the song. I think if it were back in the mix more I could focus on the vocals more and listen to the song as opposed to the parts.
Yeah...definetly could be a bit too clicky. If i ever remix it will keep that in mind! Wink

Thanks for ur comment!