Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just a try... feel free to comment
Hallo, a very smooth song...
I tried to get in touch with my feelings about this, hope you like it.

feel free to comment - im still learning...
Rudi

.wav    James May - All Souls Moon_final_Master1.wav --  (Download: 37.18 MB)

Hi Rudi,
Nice accompaniment, the music seems well balanced and arranged thoughtfully around the emotion of the song.  Just not sure whats going on with the vocal though.  Sounds quite strident and sibilant, with a strange stereo image built in.  The backing vocals seem to be ok, just the main vocal.  Not sure of your thoughts here, but I think James' vocal needs that natural weight and grounding whilst tastefully managing his softer upper register .  James' voice has some lovely qualities that can be challenging to exhume fully,  but is rewarding when it starts to shine.
(21-05-2020, 12:32 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi Rudi,
Nice accompaniment, the music seems well balanced and arranged thoughtfully around the emotion of the song.  Just not sure whats going on with the vocal though.  Sounds quite strident and sibilant, with a strange stereo image built in.  The backing vocals seem to be ok, just the main vocal.  Not sure of your thoughts here, but I think James' vocal needs that natural weight and grounding whilst tastefully managing his softer upper register .  James' voice has some lovely qualities that can be challenging to exhume fully,  but is rewarding when it starts to shine.
Thank you for your words. There´s my Problem, I´ve never heard something from James, but i like the Song. Maybe the Mastering isn´t as well as needed, so that´s the feedback i need. After Mastering there were some unexpected highs and esses. I´ve had the voice first straight in the Face, but it feels not well for me, it sounds like outstanding, a little bit to far away from the rest of the arrangement, so I give the voice room and deep, a little too much, maybe Wink  
If you like, there is the mix without mastering in the mixing section here... I´ll try to fix the issues you marked - thx