Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signe, I'm a sucker for you!
Hi!

I feel we are lucky to have all these tracks to mix, and it's nice to have a challenge don't you think? Did you read the SOS article relating to this track? it gives a bit of background as to how this track was put together.

I think the intro/verse vocal tone and reverb blends the vocals too well with the guitars and they get a bit lost for me. Might be a taste thing, but I feel you could probably get them a bit clearer and more upfront - more current pop music style perhaps?

Verse bass part could poke out a bit more too I think and have a bit more weight to anchor the thing?

The chorus vocals are much better, and I like the way it hits.

The lead guitar part could be louder in the mix too for me. It gets a bit lost and could be more up there.

(Taste thing - I really am not a fan of the bridge adlib vocals).

Snare could be a touch punchier maybe to match the kind of funk guitar thing thats going on?

Yeah the main thing for me is those verse vocals. I enjoyed the mix otherwise, and it sounds pretty cohesive. The chorus is really good, and kicks in well.

It seems like it's been a while since I mixed this but yeah, I think I felt it required some drum replacement and some re-arranging. I think I ditched a couple of parts that I felt didn't quite work, or were a bit too cliched even for me. Oh, I think I also copied the first verse guitar part to the second verse too, as I didn't like that 2nd verse guitar bit as much. I think it was a bit of work but quite fun all the same. Luckily the track is under 3 minutes, so it's not really that much to play about and tweak.

Well, I am certainly no expert but hope this is of some use.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Signe, I'm a sucker for you! - by Krabbe - 20-05-2020, 07:00 PM
RE: Signe, I'm a sucker for you! - by mikej - 21-05-2020, 12:56 PM
RE: Signe, I'm a sucker for you! - by Krabbe - 21-05-2020, 11:21 PM
RE: Signe, I'm a sucker for you! - by mikej - 27-05-2020, 04:27 PM
RE: Signe, I'm a sucker for you! - by Krabbe - 28-05-2020, 09:20 PM