Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Symphony Of Silence - Ivanoff Mix
Nice track!

.mp3    Magicians Nephew - Symphony Of Silence.mp3 --  (Download: 6.95 MB)

.mp3    Magicians Nephew - Symphony Of Silence #2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.95 MB)

It works for me. The vocals are a bit harsh/sibilant. It's the recording. But they can be a little much. Maybe a De-Esser (or two) may help. They're right in the same range as the hi hat and that upper mid (5khz?) range gets blurry and piercing. So many "S"'s in the lyrics. It's just crowded in that range between the vocals and snare and cymbals and guitars. The energy can be re-distributed.

It feels good. It's a raucous, immature (in a good way) song and I think the mix does the job of supporting that. If you can get the vocals to be less harsh it'd be great.
Thank you for your comment. I was so keen on the main balance that I did not pay attention to the sibilants. There are really a lot of them. I applied a spectral processor and automated the knob dry/wet during problematic moments so as not to ruin the rest. It seems to have become softer. I posted the second version
(22-05-2020, 07:54 PM)Ivanoff Wrote: Thank you for your comment. I was so keen on the main balance that I did not pay attention to the sibilants. There are really a lot of them. I applied a spectral processor and automated the knob dry/wet during problematic moments so as not to ruin the rest. It seems to have become softer. I posted the second version
That sounds better.