Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a an awesome song!
First off, this song is a textbook example of great songwriting! Technically, there's nothing fancy in it, because it's not needed! This is just pure awesome! I'm a fan!

About the mix, basically all I've done is turn up the volume. The tracks are great - except for the tom stem, which I am not a fan of - so I didn't feel the need to do a whole lot of things to them.

Tips, tricks and comments are more than welcomed

.mp3    Symphony Of Silence 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.97 MB)

I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
(17-05-2020, 09:54 AM)Krabbe Wrote: First off, this song is a textbook example of great songwriting! Technically, there's nothing fancy in it, because it's not needed! This is just pure awesome! I'm a fan!

About the mix, basically all I've done is turn up the volume. The tracks are great - except for the tom stem, which I am not a fan of - so I didn't feel the need to do a whole lot of things to them.

Hi Krabbe,
just listen to your mix. it is a good balanced mix.
btw. all roads lead to Rome, means two people mix one song and you are getting two results but both are good in their way.
first you did a good job on the guitars they sound pretty good in your mix. i would give them only a little push in the low end to support the bass
to the drums.... it sounds a bit too narrow, too mono in the mix.
but as said before it is like i would do, it isn't a thing of right or wrong because your mix sound really good how it is.
So stay Healthy (in time of Corona) and Happy Mixing
(17-05-2020, 02:14 PM)GP-Mix Wrote:
(17-05-2020, 09:54 AM)Krabbe Wrote: First off, this song is a textbook example of great songwriting! Technically, there's nothing fancy in it, because it's not needed! This is just pure awesome! I'm a fan!

Hi Krabbe,
just listen to your mix. it is a good balanced mix.
btw. all roads lead to Rome, means two people mix one song and you are getting two results but both are good in their way.
first you did a good job on the guitars they sound pretty good in your mix. i would give them only a little push in the low end to support the bass
to the drums.... it sounds a bit too narrow, too mono in the mix.
but as said before it is like i would do, it isn't a thing of right or wrong because your mix sound really good how it is.
So stay Healthy (in time of Corona) and Happy Mixing
Thanks for listening and your comments. Originally I did HPF the guitars a bit lower, but ended up here, because I wanted to make sure, I didn't get too much guitar build up on top of the bass.
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow