Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living Lie - V1 Mix
Hi everyone! This is my version of the mix for Living Lie. Any comments will help. Thank you for listening!

.mp3    Living Lie - Nerve 9 - BrianMix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.48 MB)

I think you could re-balance this and get a better result.

A part from Kick and Snare, drums sound really far. Also, I'm missing some body from the snare.

The power chords guitars and solo sound muddy. You could add some top and remove some low mids.

The vocal sounds good to me Smile I feel that if you get to balance it better, the right-in-your-face vocal style you have can work pretty good.

Cheers Smile.
(16-05-2020, 06:57 PM)JCMixes Wrote: I think you could re-balance this and get a better result.

A part from Kick and Snare, drums sound really far. Also, I'm missing some body from the snare.

The power chords guitars and solo sound muddy. You could add some top and remove some low mids.

The vocal sounds good to me Smile I feel that if you get to balance it better, the right-in-your-face vocal style you have can work pretty good.

Cheers Smile.
Thank yo so much for listening! I will definetly check that and try t figure it out! thank you!
Hi Brian

Thanks for mixing our song and sharing your mix. I will write some observations as I listen through.

- nice delays/reverb on the lead vocal - my favourite aspect of your mix
- check relative level of the chorus guitar panning (?) Feels stronger on the left side to me - might be because you also pan the arpeggiated guitar right, but when the lead guitar part is going, I hear more left than right.
- I feel like I want to hear some power on the snare on the backbeat in the chorus - it feels like the snare bottom is more prominent - perhaps some more snare top mic and/or 200Hz would help
- a little more drum bus level in the mix may help
- middle section background vocal treatment sounds cool
- notice during the lead gtr part at end the left rhythm guitar feels more featured - automation needed perhaps?

Thanks again for sharing - I hope the comments help.

Thomas
(17-05-2020, 12:54 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Brian

Thanks for mixing our song and sharing your mix.  I will write some observations as I listen through. 

- nice delays/reverb on the lead vocal - my favourite aspect of your mix
- check relative level of the chorus guitar panning (?)  Feels stronger on the left side to me - might be because you also pan the arpeggiated guitar right, but when the lead guitar part is going, I hear more left than right.
- I feel like I want to hear some power on the snare on the backbeat in the chorus - it feels like the snare bottom is more prominent - perhaps some more snare top mic and/or 200Hz would help
- a little more drum bus level in the mix may help
- middle section background vocal treatment sounds cool
- notice during the lead gtr part at end the left rhythm guitar feels more featured - automation needed perhaps?

Thanks again for sharing - I hope the comments help.

Thomas
Thomas thank you so much for listening and your comments!. I think it's the way I EQ the gtrs in the chorus what makes the left one louder. I will check that out. I got what you said about the snare, I think I went too far with the bottom snare level. Hope you liked the mix besides that and thanks again for your time and the tracks!