Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix
Thanks for listening!

.mp3    LIVINGLIE MASTERING v7 (MP3).mp3 --  (Download: 11.64 MB)

Hi Luther - thanks for mixing our song. Here are a few observations as I listen:
- nice vocal and guitar balance at the start
- nice drum balance. Snare is quite bright - I find it poking through the mix a bit. Kick is sometimes getting lost - a bit muddy
- taste comment - bass tone a little bit honky - minor point as I am hearing all the bass fills well
- cool middle section with the bass drop out
- consider automating down the rhythm guitars when the lead guitar part in the middle is going - they seem to be at the forefront with the lead pushed back
- same comment re: rhythm guitars at the end - a bit high in the balance vs. the lead gtr.

Thanks for sharing - seems like you have a solid foundation going on in this mix.

BR

Thomas
(17-05-2020, 01:07 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Luther - thanks for mixing our song.  Here are a few observations as I listen:
- nice vocal and guitar balance at the start
- nice drum balance.  Snare is quite bright - I find it poking through the mix a bit.  Kick is sometimes getting lost - a bit muddy
- taste comment - bass tone a little bit honky - minor point as I am hearing all the bass fills well
- cool middle section with the bass drop out
- consider automating down the rhythm guitars when the lead guitar part in the middle is going - they seem to be at the forefront with the lead pushed back
- same comment re: rhythm guitars at the end - a bit high in the balance vs. the lead gtr.

Thanks for sharing - seems like you have a solid foundation going on in this mix.

BR

Thomas

Thank you very much Thomas!! I´ll consider your points, you´re right about automating on the solo section.
I really enjoyed listening your song! I congratulate you!