Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living Lie RJMIX
Hi All,

I went for quite an aggressive sound and used a lot of  extra distortion on guitars and vocals.

Cheers!

.mp3    Living Lie RJMIX1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.15 MB)

.mp3    Living Lie RJMIX2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.16 MB)

.mp3    Living Lie RJMIX3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.17 MB)

Pretty good.

Not sure if intended, but at the beginning snare feels really far.

Also, sometimes voice sounds kinda telephony, maybe it is intended, but I think it could have a bit more body.

Last, but not least, I feel the OHs are a bit harsh.

Liked the style, the aggressive drums and the distortion!
(13-05-2020, 11:29 PM)JCMixes Wrote: Pretty good.

Not sure if intended, but at the beginning snare feels really far.

Also, sometimes voice sounds kinda telephony, maybe it is intended, but I think it could have a bit more body.

Last, but not least, I feel the OHs are a bit harsh.

Liked the style, the aggressive drums and the distortion!

Thanks for the feedback! I made a second version (RJMIX2).
-The sidestick was muted accidentally, I unmuted it Smile  
-I agree on your comment on the vocal sound, I carved out too much of the low-mid resonances. 
-The distorted LV in the chorus sound gives it a slight telephonic sound, but I wanted to make it stand out more in the chorus.
- I faded up the guitars a bit in the chorus and overall lowered the volume of the drums 2 dB.  I think it is a better balance now.

Cheers!
Hi Erjee - thanks for mixing our song. Having a listen now to mix 2.

- liked your approach to the track. The filtered drums at the start brought more impact when the full fidelity came back in
- guitar balance at chorus sound good. Looking for a little more 200Hz weight in them though.
- frequency balance - consider more lows on the bass guitar. Liked your bass treatment in general.
- like your middle section treatment - the transition out of it with the drums could be cleaned up a bit
- I hear the automation into the lead gtr part at the end - transition needs to be a bit more subtle as it felt like the volume knob had been turned down on me

Thanks again for mixing and sharing !

Cheers

Thomas
(17-05-2020, 01:02 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Erjee - thanks for mixing our song.  Having a listen now to mix 2.

- liked your approach to the track.  The filtered drums at the start brought more impact when the full fidelity came back in
- guitar balance at chorus sound good.  Looking for a little more 200Hz weight in them though.
- frequency balance - consider more lows on the bass guitar.  Liked your bass treatment in general.
- like your middle section treatment - the transition out of it with the drums could be cleaned up a bit
- I hear the automation into the lead gtr part at the end - transition needs to be a bit more subtle as it felt like the volume knob had been turned down on me

Thanks again for mixing and sharing !

Cheers

Thomas

Thanks for your reply Thomas. I added more lows to the guitars in de chorus and I made the drum transition in the middle section smoother. Overall I added a few dB to the bass.

Hope you like it better now (RJMIX3), cheers!