Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve 9_Living Lie
Okay, this is my attempt on this song.
I used some samples on Kick and Snare, and some loops in this mix because that was a bit of what I heard was needed to not copy Mike's mix straight off.
I'm not so good at telling you where I had problems with certain frequencies, as I usually start with presets, and from there set it until I'm happy.

Hope it works

Made a new mix with some minor changes,
like a little more of the guitar on the left side and then a little more prominent bass.
I also adjusted vocal with adding some plugins,
like C4_multiband compressor, MV2 and SSL EQ to get a little more air on vocal around 10Khz.
I also put a dbx_160 on the mix bus, which I think opened up the song a little more.

Thank you for listening

.mp3    Nerve 9_Living Lie_By Patsculle.mp3 --  (Download: 5.59 MB)

.mp3    Nerve 9_Living Lie_By Patsculle_ Mix_Master_02.mp3 --  (Download: 5.6 MB)

Hi Patschulle

Thanks for mixing our track ! I am listening to 02.

- like the hi-hat inclusion ! Creative arrangement choice !
- I think I might be hearing the kick track needing time alignment
- like the snare sound you have. Is the tambourine brought in early? I think it's brightness is a bit high.
- Effect on the lead vocal in chorus a bit extreme - taste comment - would want that dialed back a bit
- great middle section - bringing back your intro element
- frequency balance - maybe feels a touch light on bass frequencies - take with a grain of salt
- like the vocal harmonies added at bridge 3 - they do sound fake though - maybe warm up your mic and take a crack at them - I like the idea
- being the guitar player, happy with your treatment and balance of those

Very nice mix again - I enjoyed your creative additions to the arrangement !

Cheers

Thomas
Thanks Thomas for great feedback and a great song.
Always nice to mix your songs.

Well, when I included the wave files in the project, something was not right with the room mickers and the kick.
Tried to use Youtube to learn how to quantize the drums, but it didn't work out the way I wanted Smile
Very possibly something went wrong when I imported all the wave files,
and possibly because the tambourine is also a bit off / Early
And yes, it's Antares Harmony Engine EVO I use in the song.
Don't think you want me to stand in front of the microphone hahahaha

Hope you release a new song here soon, which I can work with.

Thanks again for good feedback.

Patschulle