Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JonKLJ's Mix Living Lie
Hey Folks

My attempt at mixing this song.

Great band

Any feedback is greatly appreciated

.mp3    Nerve 9 - Living Lie1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.4 MB)

Hi JonKLJ

Thanks for mixing our track ! Sharing some observations as I listen through.
- consider removing a bit of high end from the verse guitar - it sounds a touch on the harsh side, and I think it is masking the lead vocal a little
- vocal effects sound cool, but a bit hot in the balance - a little distracting
- some impact/momentum is lost at the bridge before chorus 1, as the arpeggiated guitar is a bit lower and not as bright (which is ok if comment 1 is addressed). If the intensity picked up here rather than dropped down, you would help it build to the chorus
- drums and drum balance sounds good !
- interesting chorus panning. I like it in some respects, but it does pull it a bit left heavy
- frequency balance - would be nice to hear a little more of the low frequencies on the bass - depends on the references you chose of course
- middle lead guitar section - rhythm guitar on left is louder and brighter in the balance, so the lead part feels pushed back.
- "Things you said to me" - really strong 3-5kHz content there - it needs some kind of multiband or dynamic eq or other solution to balance it out
- similar content for the outro solo - rhythm content on left is the featured/forefront instrument.
- liked that you had some panning and other interest elements going on during the mix - nice
- the lead guitar parts would benefit from some delay(s) or reverb - they felt a little stark to me vs. the rest of the mix. I am the guitar player and I won't be offended by these Smile They are all over my own mix.

Thanks again for mixing and sharing our song. I hope these observations are helpful.

Thomas