Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please listen :(
I've posted some mixes before and i've never gotten any feedback lol.
I've been practicing during this covid season and I hope I can start to make profit in the near future Smile
Any feedback is appreciated!

EDIT:
Mix 2: I did more automation to make the song more dynamic. Also, opened up some top on those power chords.

Hope you like it!  Big Grin

.mp3    Living Lie Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.26 MB)

.mp3    Living Lie Mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.33 MB)

Overall, it sounds pretty good. Tonally, it’s balanced. Maybe it could use a little more high end brightness to open up the sound more.

It feels ‘restrained’. I’m not sure if you have a compressor on mix but it might be keeping the chorus too contained. It’d be nice if the song just got a little more exciting.

It feels like it does come up a little in the solo section. But that could just be me.

They support the parts and are subtle. I think the volume of the delay effect on the solo guitar (gtr 6) is a little loud and might be ‘blurring’ the part. It sort of works the first time the part comes in but that part is generally ‘cleaner’. The solo and outro have more distortion and notes so the delay can get in the way. Maybe a different timing or delay tone might work better.

Maybe a little more BGVs in general.

In the end it works. It could be more dynamic and exciting to take it up a level but so far it sounds good.
Got it! Actually I think that the power chords guitars were the ones affecting the high end in this one, took a bit of lowmids out and opened some top. Also I did more automation on the OHs, to give it a bit more energy.

For the solo and outro guitars, took a bit of my metafilter down, the delay is still there but I thing it's less notorious.

Might post it later, right now my CPU is about to explode with this session  Angry .
(13-05-2020, 06:30 PM)JCMixes Wrote: Got it! Actually I think that the power chords guitars were the ones affecting the high end in this one, took a bit of lowmids out and opened some top. Also I did more automation on the OHs, to give it a bit more energy.

For the solo and outro guitars, took a bit of my metafilter down, the delay is still there but I thing it's less notorious.

Might post it later, right now my CPU is about to explode with this session  Angry .

Hi, I think your mix is pretty solid! However to my taste a bit on the 'safe' side; I miss a little exitcement and space. Maybe try to add some distortion to tracks (vocals, drums, guitars)
I also think the bass guitar is a bit too ' honky'  in the low mids

I like the delays in the guitar solo!

Cheers
It's a good mix. Just missing some glue and dynamics, but it's well balanced as already been said. You should try a nice bus compressor and a few automations
Hi JCMixes

Thanks for mixing our track ! I will type a few observations as I listen through
- like the intro a lot - nice balance of vocal and intro guitar. Nice space too !
- nice drum kit balance
- chorus guitars - missing 200Hz weight for me - feels like it goes from a warm bridge to a slightly more brittle chorus
- cool delay on the guitar interlude part
- lower frequencies on bass guitar seem light to me in the frequency balance. Perhaps depends on the mixes you were references
- liked your middle section - some effect in there I don't recognize.
- Background vocals felt a little pushed in front of the lead - consider overall level and/or some more reverb etc to push them back a bit

Solid mix - thanks for sharing ! I hope some of the comments above are helpful.

Thomas