Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Red Czerwony red
Hi, performance is not perfect but the aggression is there. Cool recording! Mixed ITB on headphones. It took me about 2 days to mix

EDIT: I added mix after the revision (mix_05)

.mp3    CAMBRDIGE_Wires_RedOnYou_MIX_03.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

.mp3    CAMBRDIGE_Wires_RedOnYou_MIX_05.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

Hey, first revision here! 
I felt that overall there was no enough bass and guitars had too much annoying midrange (now they ended up having even more midrange but lets call it a more pleasant midrange)
Level jumped a bit because of some additive EQ I have applied. I alose manually leveled some kick hits which were all over the place in general. 
This song reminds me classic Entombed track "Seeing Red". I was referencing it during this revision. 

Here are some screenshot of my session.

[Image: 1.png]

[Image: 2.png]

.mp3    CAMBRDIGE_Wires_RedOnYou_MIX_05.mp3 --  (Download: 8.51 MB)

Hi!
I love the guitar tone in your last mix as well as the balance on the low end between bass and kick.
I feel there is a little too much reverb on the main voice, though I like the sound of the vocals.
Nice reference to Entombed ! I had the chance to see them once, and it was one of my best old school death gig ever.
Nice work!
(17-05-2020, 05:25 PM)registered Wrote: Hi!
I love the guitar tone in your last mix as well as the balance on the low end between bass and kick.
I feel there is a little too much reverb on the main voice, though I like the sound of the vocals.
Nice reference to Entombed ! I had the chance to see them once, and it was one of my best old school death gig ever.
Nice work!

Beautiful, thank you very much for the feedback. 
I think you can hear reverb tail only in couple places in the song so i won't consider it as a big nono.
I think the key for a good guitar sound in this kind of music is a proper blend between guitar and bas. They really need to play as a one instruments, especially when bas follows guitar note for note.
I haven't had the chance to see Entombed but I adore whole HM2 pedal style music Big Grin
Nice mix!