Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistrusted: "Polemic" One Wall Punk Mix
I really dig this track! It's got that abrasive punk feel that I've loved since I was a youngster. Let me know what y'all think about my mix!

.mp3    Mistrusted - Polemic - 1ws Macbook Mix_1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.44 MB)

Hey,
I like the mix, I think we have same intention for this mix, went the same idea. Dynamically sound great, good clarity. Love the bass. There is one thing I miss. More, definitely more FX. Sounds a bit dry, too sterile. So you could creatively experiments with reverb, and delay to fulfill the mix. Good Job!
(10-05-2020, 09:00 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hey,
I like the mix, I think we have same intention for this mix, went the same idea. Dynamically sound great, good clarity. Love the bass. There is one thing I miss. More, definitely more FX. Sounds a bit dry, too sterile. So you could creatively experiments with reverb, and delay to fulfill the mix. Good Job!
Thank you for the critique! I used plenty of "short" reverb on the vocals, especially the backgrounds. I wanted the vocals to sound like they were recorded in a very realistic room with short reflections. I couldn't agree more with the drums, though. I realized it definitely needed more room tone when I was listening after the fact. The drums are probably the driest thing ever haha. 

Much appreciated!