Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve9 - Living lie
Hi!
Here is my mix. Love the song so I had to try to mix this. Struggled lot with vocals so I had to take two week break from the song . Big Grin
I am not experienced in mixing so I don't know how to build up energy in the song. So I tried different kinds of effects and reverbs to make song interesting. Hope it worked out!

.mp3    Nerve9-Living Lie v2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.26 MB)

.mp3    Nerve9-Living Lie.mp3 --  (Download: 11.26 MB)

Hi Vigilante

Thanks for mixing our song ! I will comment as I listen through.
- Interesting intro. What was the intended effect of the pitch shifted down vocal? My initial reaction was a bit of discomfort- not sure what the right word to use is.
- your drums sound great - they are so hot in the balance though, that I jumped a bit in my seat when they came in. The drums are the instrument you are featuring in your mix in my opinion.
- the cymbal wash between chorus 1 and verse 2 needs tamed a bit. Perhaps overheads level in your drum mix are a bit high
- interesting bass distortion
- interesting bridge vocal effect choice ! Underwater !
- middle guitar lead part - consider adding a bit of delay or more reverb - found the guitar a bit stark vs. other elements
- frequency balance of the mix could use a little more on the lows
- outro guitar lead - check your relative levels in mono - the lead and snare feel a bit high in the balance

Thanks again for mixing/sharing and your kind words about the song. I really appreciated some of your creative ideas in the arrangement. Your individual elements in your mix are generally sounding good - I am thinking a little bit of referencing vs. the tracks you are trying to emulate may help you refine the balance a bit.

BR

Thomas
Thank you Thomas for listening and giving feedback! 

So important to hear second opinion cause listening too much your own track, you start to get tunnel vision and can't hear any problems in mix. 
I tamed down drums little bit but it's still big part in my mix. What can I say, I like drums. Big Grin
I also tried to find balance in the mix and added more low end.
And generally try to fit all parts more together.

Thanks again!