Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13's 'Colour Me Red' (EquilibriumMIX)
(06-07-2020, 10:28 PM)Daniel Lemes Wrote: Really like the mix, great energy!!!
For the verse section, it would be nice low pass the vocal effect return or maybe insert a deesser, because there are strong high frequencies from the sibilance repeating on the sides and it's a bit distracting for me. Maybe it's just a matter of taste! Smile Very good mix!

Cheers!!!
I made mistakes while processing vocals.  As far as I remember, a cutoff of 140 Hz is installed there.  For male vocals, it is too high, there is a risk of getting a castrated sound.  In what mode de-esser works, I don’t remember.  The project could not be opened, and I did only re-mastering.  At that time, I was bringing the project together with other monitor settings and did not hear some details.  Perhaps this affected the result.  Thanks for your feedback!
Alexander
(07-07-2020, 11:44 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Hi Alexander,
I can echo Daniels previous comments.  I like V4. Good energy with a silky feel.  I only thing for me is, it would be nice to have something grounding up the middle.  Even if it was just a mono-ed up snare.  There is good stereo width throughout that works well but I always like a ground zero origin to set the stereo replacement.  This is subjective of course.  Great mix regardless.
There may not even be any prior delay.  I don’t remember. In the access zone there was only raw sound for mastering, because I always have 2 projects: mixing and mastering.  The first project cannot be opened.  Now I can not fix the errors of the preliminary delay, the filter of extreme frequencies and desesser.  I am very grateful for your feedback, I will be more attentive in the future.
Alexander