Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13's 'Colour Me Red' (EquilibriumMIX)
Made on the principle of “just not everything” within the framework of reasonable sufficiency.
Comments and ratings are welcome.
V.4 Rethinking what I did, I changed the end sound. The option is final. The only mix I changed 4 times. I think this is the last. I deleted V2 and V3 as unnecessary.

.ogg    Diesel13\'s \'Colour Me Red\'.ogg --  (Download: 11.15 MB)

.mp3    Diesel13\'s \'Colour Me Red\' v.4.mp3 --  (Download: 7.66 MB)

Alexander
Hi Alexander, what are you mixing on?
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
(19-05-2020, 02:41 PM)Monk Wrote: Hi Alexander, what are you mixing on?
Hi. I am mixing the song Diesel13's 'Colour Me Red'.   Confused
Alexander
I have to admit, overall it feels a bit weird. I don't know if it's the .ogg format or something else. It feels very muted and compressed and mono. I'm not sure what's intentional or not. I feel like underneath everything there might be a cool mix there. It does sound odd but if I ignore that than I have to say it feels well balanced. I like the pitch down effect at the top. (I may have done that as well...). The vocal delay might be loud. It's hard to say. I think you might have a fine mix there but it's hard to judge. Unless it's just me and it's playing back fine for others.

Hope that helps.
(20-05-2020, 04:06 PM)RoyM Wrote: I have to admit, overall it feels a bit weird. I don't know if it's the .ogg format or something else. It feels very muted and compressed and mono. I'm not sure what's intentional or not. I feel like underneath everything there might be a cool mix there. It does sound odd but if I ignore that than I have to say it feels well balanced. I like the pitch down effect at the top. (I may have done that as well...). The vocal delay might be loud. It's hard to say. I think you might have a fine mix there but it's hard to judge. Unless it's just me and it's playing back fine for others.

Hope that helps.
I uploaded the mp3 version. Has the sound changed?  Huh
Alexander
(26-05-2020, 08:45 PM)Equilibrium Wrote:
(20-05-2020, 04:06 PM)RoyM Wrote: I have to admit, overall it feels a bit weird. I don't know if it's the .ogg format or something else. It feels very muted and compressed and mono. I'm not sure what's intentional or not. I feel like underneath everything there might be a cool mix there. It does sound odd but if I ignore that than I have to say it feels well balanced. I like the pitch down effect at the top. (I may have done that as well...). The vocal delay might be loud. It's hard to say. I think you might have a fine mix there but it's hard to judge. Unless it's just me and it's playing back fine for others.

Hope that helps.

Yeah. I can't comment on the mix at the moment but the mp3 definitely sounds better and more "right".

Edit: да. Хорошо. I like it. No real complaints. I like the backwards reverb. Maybe the bass guitar could be more defined. More clear. I feel it but miss the notes. But I'm asking a lot. It's a good mix.
(26-05-2020, 11:56 PM)RoyM Wrote:

Hope that helps.

Yeah. I can't comment on the mix at the moment but the mp3 definitely sounds better and more "right".

Edit: да. Хорошо. I like it. No real complaints. I like the backwards reverb. Maybe the bass guitar could be more defined. More clear. I feel it but miss the notes. But I'm asking a lot. It's a good mix.
_----------------------------------------------

I agree with you. Something I messed up in the low frequencies. For the future I will be more attentive. Thanks you.
Alexander
(11-06-2020, 03:21 PM)Equilibrium Wrote:
(26-05-2020, 11:56 PM)RoyM Wrote:

Hope that helps.

_----------------------------------------------

I agree with you. Something I messed up in the low frequencies. For the future I will be more attentive. Thanks you.
The main project hung and it was impossible to do something with the bass. If you increase its level with rebalans, then BD will disappear. Nevertheless, I still worked with sound, because I managed to open the second project (mastering). Bottom line - Version V.4, it sounds more transparent.
Alexander
Really like the mix, great energy!!!
For the verse section, it would be nice low pass the vocal effect return or maybe insert a deesser, because there are strong high frequencies from the sibilance repeating on the sides and it's a bit distracting for me. Maybe it's just a matter of taste! Smile Very good mix!

Cheers!!!
Hi Alexander,
I can echo Daniels previous comments.  I like V4. Good energy with a silky feel.  I only thing for me is, it would be nice to have something grounding up the middle.  Even if it was just a mono-ed up snare.  There is good stereo width throughout that works well but I always like a ground zero origin to set the stereo displacement.  This is subjective of course.  Great mix regardless.