Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red on you - Crownoise mix
Hi, i like this song, balls to the mat song. Here is my version, did a quick one but felt that it did not need that much time to get it where i wanted it, went for a loud and slammy one.

.mp3    Red on you.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

I have to admit it feels very "out of phase-y" I think there's some weird Mid Side thing going on. The mid seems ok but the side info is, well, out of phase. The mono info sounds good.
What's the deal?
Hey Roy, dont know if i lately have had hard time hearing sideinfo on these headphones. I don't here any phaseyness going on, maybe that they are a bit low in volume.
(03-05-2020, 04:28 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Roy, dont know if i lately have had hard time hearing sideinfo on these headphones. I don't here any phaseyness going on, maybe that they are a bit low in volume.
I get it. Just as reference here's a mono version of the mix. The guitars almost totally disappear.
Edit: Though they do in mine too. There's something weird with the guitars in general. For whatever reason they jumped out at me in this mix.

.mp3    Mono version..mp3 --  (Download: 812.16 KB)

Somewhere under all that limiting distortion is a good mix! Big Grin

The snare in particular sounds like it is causing your master limiting to wig out. Still better than the preview mix though - that gets quieter every time the vocals come in.
Hey Judders, thanks for the kind words Smile Will look more into it, now that i hear it a second time i def don't hear it the same way. Hard thing that with conseption, i will also keep stuf a bit in mono aswell for it to work there for my next mixes, thanks guys.