Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tommy Marcinek - My Childhood Sweetheart
My approach to this song. I uploaded it to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZFvIpY4miY

.mp3    TomMarcinek - My Childhood Sweethear B.mp3 --  (Download: 9.83 MB)

Sasha MD
a very good sounding mix!!  everything blends nice together. I specially like your Sax sound.
(14-05-2020, 12:36 AM)Bobs Audio Wrote: a very good sounding mix!!  everything blends nice together. I specially like your Sax sound.
Welll, thanks. Watch the viddeo. You will see how easy it was to mix this song... But there the quality of sound is worse
Sasha MD
Hello,
That's a nice mix but I found the kick way too much dominant.
I almost hear only this xd.
For the lead vocals, I find it a litlle bit too dry. And I can hear the autotune used on it (it's my taste but I find this autotune disgusting).
The reverb on the sax is amazing !! Which one did you used ? Do you remember the settings ?

Thanks

PS: I found the settings on the video. 1.4 sec reverb time only but it feels like so huge and deep. Good job.
Quick question: why don't you use Aux send and Aux track for reverb effect ? It is much more efficient than just using the mix percentage level in the reverb.
You can add effect in the Aux track after you reverb: EQ, compression. Or before: de esser, sc compression. You can send it to a new Aux track.
Is there a specific reason why you dont use Aux send and track ?
about kick, maybe you're right. It's a matter of taste.
About vocals. I don't like big reverb on vocals. I didn't use any autotune on any track.
About sends. I use almost anytime sends. But on the sax track I put a reverb to make it sound on second plan. There is only 1.4 sec. reverb, but the track is also sent to first reverb track, and there the reverb is more strong...
Sasha MD