Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Wires: 'Red On You'
Hi guys,
It's my first attempt to this hardcore. Any advices, critics very welcome. Cheers!

Edit. Added a bit "fixed" version.
master_ver6
I did also played on master with transient, checking different chain plugin combination. 0.1 db gain reduction on ssl compression, some clipper and limiting to about -2db. And more. Let me know what do you think. No samples on drums, just tried to get the most of drum kit as it is.

Edit2:
It was a while I worked on this session, but tried to fix some issue i believe it has. Wishing its a bit better. I also tried to control top end, 10k and above as it was a bit too exaggerated.
Ve7, let call it "final".

.mp3    wires_master_ver7.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

(06-05-2020, 04:21 AM)Lethan Wrote: Hi guys,
It's my first attempt to this hardcore. Any advices, critics very welcome. Cheers!

Hi.
I feel like it's to much low end and top end or lacks midrange.  You can quickly fix it in your mixbus chain.
I like the space you have added to vocal.

Cheers Smile
(06-05-2020, 12:04 PM)petroshka Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 04:21 AM)Lethan Wrote: Hi guys,

Hi.
I feel like it's to much low end and top end or lacks midrange. You can quickly fix it in your mixbus chain.
I like the space you have added to vocal.

Cheers Smile
Yes it lacks of midrange i could see this in the spectrum analyzer while mastering,(200-1000k) tried to get back some on the master, but result arent satisfying. I just have to go back to track and look at the bass, gtrs and fixed that. Perhaps will drop next version if i get my hands on the session. Thanks for taking a listen!
Just Dropped next version willing it's better.
So far one of the best mixes that i've heard from this song...I quite enjoy what u've done with the drums, specially with the toms wich are awully recorded. The only thing that doesnt fit for me is the reverb on the vocals...it pushes it back in the mix like being in a cave when it should sit up front everything. The background vocals are really hidden almost gone...Apart from that...am i missing the first two kick drum hits of the song? Guitars and bass are cool Wink Overall really nice work.
Thanks AK3r for taking a time and listen to my mix.
Yes, 2 first drum hits were missing Smile fixed that.
I did also try to get better balance on drums. Well not sure if it's better or not, I dropped last edit. (i think I should pull down a bit of cymbals) Cheers!
Actually funny thing.
Just recall it now, I put a lot of reverb on gtrs, what made them feel big at the start. And i forget about it and become processing them to fit it in the mix. They sound really strange, but somehow they work, Yesterday I listened to this mix on good pair of speakers with a friend of mine, and he noticed that. So it was a mistake, but I don't think I could fix that, it would totally change the timbre of the whole mix. Just and anecdote.
So far so good!! It sounds as good as it could be. Althought im not a fan of using reverb with songs like this it's not sooooo bad and it works fine, even with guitars is not a big issue. Nice work Wink !