Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polemic
Hey guys,

Here's my mix for this nice song.
Just wanted to preserve everything in the tracks, no drum replacement or anything else
Also didn't want to quantize the groove, I like the lumbering (if this word can be used in music), thought it's adding a nice move to the song, although there were some moments the rhythm was way to off 

Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks for the tracks

Edit (v2 R01) 15.02.2024
- New mix from scratch. Turned out a bit louder, and I hope a bit better too

Let me know

Cheers

.mp3    Polemic r02.mp3 --  (Download: 3.21 MB)

.mp3    Mistrusted - Polemic v1 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 4.82 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Felt like the guitars need to be more up-front, and changed a bit the effect on voice to be more coherent and forward a bit
Hope this is better

Cheers

.mp3    Polemic r05.mp3 --  (Download: 4.39 MB)

I like the second revision WAY more than the first. The vocals are all a bit sibilant, and lacking in much body. But the drums and guitars and bass all play nice with each other. Adding some body back into the vocals, and cutting a bunch of that harshness whenever there's an S noise early on (it seems to go away more later on) will make this a really solid U2-in-the-90s sounding mix, but angrier!
(09-05-2020, 04:37 PM)aftercutrecords Wrote: I like the second revision WAY more than the first. The vocals are all a bit sibilant, and lacking in much body. But the drums and guitars and bass all play nice with each other. Adding some body back into the vocals, and cutting a bunch of that harshness whenever there's an S noise early on (it seems to go away more later on) will make this a really solid U2-in-the-90s sounding mix, but angrier!
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Yeap, the vocal should use more body and sure a de-esser. I think this is because I've used too much "heat" on the vocal, and also cutting the lows, to achieve the spokesmen effect, and this is bringing the harshness up-front 
Cheers
New version added !