Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - One Minute Smile
This one is definitely challenging when you start cranking the volume. Not a ton of dynamic range, but that is the composition I feel.  I feel good about it...but I also feel like its not perfect, and Im not sure it would play well everywhere. Just really tough to not lose the mix in the "mixer attempting mastering" phase.

There's lots of personal decisions to make in this one. I love the vocal effect but my wife said it sounded like she was singing into a bucket during the verse, so I tried to split the difference lol. 

All in all, I feel better about this mix than my Devil's Words mix I did forever ago, so I think I've learned quite a good bit in the last year or so. 

Please let me know what you're hearing on your rig and give me some feedback.

.mp3    Actions - One Minute Smile V1.4.mp3 --  (Download: 6.19 MB)

Thanks for listening!
Logic, Midas M32, KRK monitors, Beyerdynamic and Focal headphones
Hi Phil

Great job. I really enjoy your mix ... yeah, there's really not much to say, it just sounds awesome. Your wife got a great set of ears Wink

Cheers
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Thanks, Krabbe!

She loves to tell me that my mixes don't sound "crispy" enough...which is her way of saying that it doesn't sound produced enough. I appreciate her honestly, haha.
Thanks for listening!
Logic, Midas M32, KRK monitors, Beyerdynamic and Focal headphones
(09-06-2020, 01:50 AM)PhilThePeel Wrote: Thanks, Krabbe!

She loves to tell me that my mixes don't sound "crispy" enough...which is her way of saying that it doesn't sound produced enough. I appreciate her honestly, haha
That's kinda funny, 'cause my "domestic advisor" always tells me that my mixes sounds too produced
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow