Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix
Hi.
This is my mix  Smile

.mp3    TheForthcomingTurn.mp3 --  (Download: 14.62 MB)

An interesting one, though it is closer to a remix IMHO as there is additionnal choirs and synth in it (am I right ?).
But in the whole I liked it, it reminds me the first Doom kind of vibes with a very personal touch.
On the last part, I think it would be better to lower a bit the ride on the overhead track, as it covers too much the whole mix. It feels like the drummer want you to bleed on your right ear Smile
(04-05-2020, 04:42 PM)registered Wrote: An interesting one, though it is closer to a remix IMHO as there is additionnal choirs and synth in it (am I right ?).
But in the whole I liked it, it reminds me the first Doom kind of vibes with a very personal touch.
On the last part, I think it would be better to lower a bit the ride on the overhead track, as it covers too much the whole mix. It feels like the drummer want you to bleed on your right ear Smile

Hi. Thanks for comment. The only tracks i have added were kick and snare sample. :-)
I liked that part with ride cymbal thats why it was mixed like that. What monitors are you using?
I have a couple of yamaha HS8, but I don't think they are distorting the frequencies in that range. Even with headphones, I can still hear that ride very loud compared to the other tracks.

Wow, I think I might have been tricked by the effects you apply then. Because I can clearly hear a choir type of sound at 5:48... Could it be the reverb on strings that gives me this acoustic hallucination ?
This synth sound I perceive the most is at the first riff of the song. Because I think that you apply some kind of octaver on a guitar track which provide a rather synthetic sound to the overall mix. Or maybe did you reamp the guitars ?
I'm not saying that it is not appropriate, though. Like I said, that type of sound reminds me of some videogame soundtracks, and if it was your intention, then it' works great ! Smile
(07-05-2020, 11:11 AM)registered Wrote: I have a couple of yamaha HS8, but I don't think they are distorting the frequencies in that range. Even with headphones, I can still hear that ride very loud compared to the other tracks.

Wow, I think I might have been tricked by the effects you apply then. Because I can clearly hear a choir type of sound at 5:48... Could it be the reverb on strings that gives me this acoustic hallucination ?
This synth sound I perceive the most is at the first riff of the song. Because I think that you apply some kind of octaver on a guitar track which provide a rather synthetic sound to the overall mix. Or maybe did you reamp the guitars ?
I'm not saying that it is not appropriate, though. Like I said, that type of sound reminds me of some videogame soundtracks, and if it was your intention, then it' works great ! Smile
Jepp.
I did use octaver on guitar tracks and short reverb on all synths, cellos and violins. My intension was not video game soundtrack, but rather it sounds like that because i am not used to listening to synth metal music and i did not use any reference. If i used a reference, it would be different i guess. :-)
Yo I love how thick this sounds. The kick and snare sound gnarly. The overheads / cymbals may be a little overcompressed, but I love how the whole thing sounds when the synths come in. The whole thing sounds bombastic and wild as heck!