Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul feat The Fiend- Widow
Hello!

Here my mix of this awesome song...let me know what you think about Wink

All best

Jacques

.mp3    TriviulFtThe Fiend- Widow r1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

Glad you like the song! Smile It's quite old, but I still do like it myself...

Anyway, I like the way you've put that nice little reverb splash on the snare. In general you've created good depth with the extreme sample reverb set against other sounds being very dry. I wonder whether the 'stay' BVs have come out a bit boxy and demo-ish, though, as a result of whatever processing you've on those. Is it my imagination, or are most things either centre, hard-left, or hard-right. It just seems that there's a bit of a hole in the image in the mid-left and mid-right positions.

Good solid drums and bass here, though, even on my main studio speakers, so that's definitely a good thing. Is the lead vocal lisping a bit? I know that it's rather sibilant on the original recording, but I think it might be possible to de-ess a bit more transparently than this. I like the sense of open space in general here -- not as saturated as many versions (including mine). A nice alternate viewpoint. Thanks for posting!
Thanks Mike I really appreciate your comments, they are very helpful !!!

You right about that I pan really extreme L C R, is something that I like to do, but is true that if I pan a little bit the Back Vocalist a little bit mid left/right I will gain image (now that you mention I miss that imageSmile )
I have also, as you say, to de-ess a bit more because I did just on the main vox so on DT still to make it (thanks also to point your finger on that vox is always a strong work for me to get it right).

Happy that you like the rhythmic section, I working in a semi treated room so is never easy to get the low end right Wink and also for liking the open space that I've created.

Thanks again for your inputs Smile will post soon the new version

All best

Jacques
Here my second version.

I made the thing were Mike point is finger...hope you enjoy Wink

All best

Jacques

.mp3    Triviul Ft The Fiend-Widow r2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)