Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for the Rain
Hello everyone
Second upload here. Please have my mix of this song.
Although level is not low, please turn up your volume to listen better, there isn't any
limiting applied at the mix.
(re-uploaded the mix file through a more decent mp3 converter)

.mp3    Pray fo the rain.mp3 --  (Download: 13.11 MB)

Hi Georgie

Thanks for mixing our track - having a listen through and my comments below.

- like your atmosphere / reverb choice
- really nice mix balance
- chorus vocal part could use some automation and/or taming. A little reduction in the 3-5 kHz range with dynamic eq or multiband
- a little of the same comment on verse 2 and chorus 2
- I like the BV treatment and balance
- opportunity for a little bit of automation into the middle lead guitar part to give it a grand build/swell
- nice middle section
- like how you build up the BVs in chorus 3, but perhaps dial back a little - they sound a little bit loud vs. the lead vocal
- outro sounds great.

Thanks again for mixing our song. I hope these observations are helpful !

BR

Thomas
Hi Thomas
Many thanks for the comments. I 'm glad you liked the mix and the atmosphere created.
Obviously this is a vocal-centric mix as the vocal arrangement suggests (demands?) and having the guitar player/producer commenting like this is a good thing! 
The third chorus has a great buildup and was left intetionally at this level "touching" the lead Vocal. I think that  third chorus and last guitar part are the peaks of the song, so that's why
I didn't spread more the middle guitar part. There are no compressors anywhere in the mix -except for the bass. As for the vocal track, I liked so much the expression
it had so I decided to go the hardway with much "gain riding" and no compressors. 
(Was that an angel singing...?) Still, it needs some more refinement in a couple of places.
Nevertheless, I thought I should explain my mix approach.
Thanks again for the observations.