Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistrusted - Polemic (Sonic Alchemy Lab Mix)
Comments welcome

Cheers
Motomojo

Knew I should have waited till this morning to upload.
Guitar 4 restored not sure what happened on export of 200501

.mp3    Mistrusted - Polemic 200501.mp3 --  (Download: 5.53 MB)

.mp3    Mistrusted - Polemic 200502.mp3 --  (Download: 5.53 MB)

Too much kick drum and shaker, too few high frequencies on the whole mix Smile Bass in the verses sounds like it's clipping.
(02-05-2020, 07:52 AM)ArieHerz Wrote: Too much kick drum and shaker, too few high frequencies on the whole mix Smile Bass in the verses sounds like it's clipping.
Thank you for your comment Arieherz. Quite right on the kick and shake. bass is a parallel bass distortion not clipping but was a bit hot. Guitar 4 was totally buried (you missed that) not sure what happen on export but new version should cover that and the issues you presented.

Cheers
This one is much better in the sense of overall balance. Smile I would also bring the Guitar 4 and Backing Vocals 1 (stereo track) a little bit down in order to balance them dynamically with the whole mix and to have more headroom for impact in the choruses (the first chorus at 0:58-1:21 sounds calmer than the verse). In my version I have also automated the guitars 1 and 2 to make them "jump out" in the choruses.
Hey Good attempt, balance feels okay, perhaps 4th gtr jumps out a bit too much. It is also loose its impact when choruses come in. And finally there is too much saturation.distortion in general, but I get it what you were looking for. Cheers.
This feels much more like crust punk than regular punk. Through that lens, I think it works pretty well, but the drums and background vocals overall clip too much for crust, and don't sound as smooth as they should if that's the case. The lack of emphasis on the rhythm guitars to make way for shaker and lead atmospheric noises seems like a strange choice. Overall, I'd dial back the clipping and focus on softening the distortion more to make it more aesthetically pleasing instead of sounding band limited by all the damage.