Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atrophy home mix
This is the second... or the third Huh mix during my covid holiday.
Hope you enjoy it. 
Let me konw your opinion

.mp3    Atrophy.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

....second version, a litle bit more guitas, more deessing on voice and 1.5db hotter mastering...

.mp3    Atrophy 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

Hey there! Nice work on this song, overall!

Snare is present; tasteful reverb. Like the vocals! Good verb on them during the verses, too. I also what you did with them in the chorus. Did you duplicate the vocal tracks and pan them for more width? Or is this a new parallel delay chain you set up? Cool sound!

I like your toms, but maybe consider using an imager to narrow them below 120 hz. They're a consistent part of the groove; it may help them feel a bit tighter.

Strong guitars; well done.

I think the piano in the bridge could use a longer delay tail (before vocals enter)? Maybe I'm just biased due to my own mix though Wink

Again, good work!
(03-05-2020, 07:37 PM)mixed.wright Wrote: Hey there! Nice work on this song, overall!

Snare is present; tasteful reverb. Like the vocals! Good verb on them during the verses, too.  I also what you did with them in the chorus. Did you duplicate the vocal tracks and pan them for more width? Or is this a new parallel delay chain you set up? Cool sound!

I like your toms, but maybe consider using an imager to narrow them below 120 hz. They're a consistent part of the groove; it may help them feel a bit tighter.

Strong guitars; well done.

I think the piano in the bridge could use a longer delay tail (before vocals enter)? Maybe I'm just biased due to my own mix though Wink

Again, good work!
...thank you for listen 

Regarding voice on the chorus, yes I duplicate the track and invert first and second part to simulate a real voice double and put 20% left and right.
I also use parallel compression on voice and also on snare. 
I'm not a big fan of stereo imager for mono compatibility... but I know what you mean tolking about toms and it's true... mmmm  Rolleyes 
I realy have a lot of problem with drum phase and eq... takes are too much worked during rcording for me, too much eq, gate, comp.
Over and room have a not balanced stereo immage... realy strange.
I prefer a good flat take... but we do what we can with what we have... I'm not talking about girls Big Grin
For the piano... yes longer delay can work... I have to try

thank you again.. and ciao from Italy
...and sorry for my poor english
I agree with you on the drums! The overheads and room were a big problem when trying to keep the image intact. I found my snare moving off center thanks to them; took a lot of work to balance them.

Oh well! We work with what we have, as you said! Your drums feel good overall though.

Ciao!