Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia Wonder, "Siren" Mix/Master by David Rubin
Hey everyone, 
here's my mix attempt. Solid song, although it was pretty dense with a lot of different sounds. With this kind of mix I feel like it's really on the engineer to decide which elements are the most important. Unless the artist had given some more feedback. Anyways, any comments would be highly appreciated!

Thanks, David

.mp3    GeorgiaWonder_Siren Mix master_ 1.mp3 --  (Download: 13.91 MB)

Hi David!

Listening the your mix my only thought (in terms of possible criticism) is that maybe the vox are a little dark and hard to understand? But, here's the rub, it's a dance song, and I think I love how dark your vox are.

You didn't do anything to reinvent the wheel, but that is not necessary to do all the time (and probably kind of detrimental, hah).

Solid choices in terms of levels, nice subtle movement throughout, with just evenly rounded tones and a strong beat.

Really really nicely done!
Draper
(01-05-2020, 03:59 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Hi David!

Listening the your mix my only thought (in terms of possible criticism) is that made the vox are a little dark and hard to understand?  But, here's the rub, it's a dance song, and I think I love how dark your vox are. 

You didn't do anything to reinvent the wheel, but that is not necessary to do all the time (and probably kind of detrimental, hah). 

Solid choices in terms of levels, nice subtle movement throughout, with just evenly rounded tones and a strong beat.

Really really nicely done!
Draper
thanks a-lot! 
Maybe I'll brighten up the vocals for the next one. Yes, I think what your saying makes a lot of sense because generally I just like classic sounding mixes. Well balanced, full sounding and accentuating the parts that I feel have the most impact. Personally I find a lot of the mixes on here to be a bit gratuitous, effects and over editing runs rampant. Appreciate the comment a lot!
Sitar comes loudly and instrument levels seems unbalanced.I hear muddiness in your vocal.Most of the instrument sound levels are very high and You are losing impact and energy of the song.Especially high frequencies.When You master your song You can use multiband limiter or compressor to eliminate muddiness.Hope that helps.