Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat back! My take on it
Hey there.

(General Kenobi!!  Big Grin )

Mixed on Logic Pro X, to around 14 LUFS 

Am digging this song... the choir gave me the hardest time.. correcting that one singer ? didn't really work with my pitching, so I took some rather good ones out and used them the whole song..

Actually I also automated lots of the LV, not because they really needed it, rather since I wanted to get everything out of his voice, which I really like!

Played around a bit with stereo spread, to give that thing a good field to breathe in...

Maybe the vocals in general are a bit too far back, but we all know there is no arguing about taste...

Still, I would be happy over any feedback!

Thanks for listening Smile

EDIT: and now I´ve also got the mix online... sorry

.mp3    Penniless Wild - Seat Back - JH.mp3 --  (Download: 5.19 MB)

Very nice! Only two things that I would want changed. One being the pokiness of the guitars. Maybe a multiband comp around 1k could soften those random notes that jump out. That's more of a personal thing though, cause they really annoyed me when I was working on this song.

Second thing would be to raise some of those extra details you added. Like the stuff around :25. They sound cool and I wouldn't mind hearing them just a little more.
Thank you for the feedback!!
I know what you mean by the pokiness/harshness of the guitars, and am going to try that multibandcompression, update is coming!

Though I automated the guitars to be louder in the singers pauses
But let's see what the compression does!

Thank you for the feedback!