Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carol Dant I Am The Desert
This is a slamming track so i thought i would give it a go Big Grin

.mp3    Carol Dant I am the desert mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.71 MB)

.mp3    Carol Dant I am the desert mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.72 MB)

Reaper user
That first synth that comes in stays quite loud throughout the entire track. I think I like what you have going on underneath it, but maybe pull it back a bit to let the other parts shine through.
Unless otherwise noted, I've listened through Sony MDR-7506s when giving feedback.
(29-04-2020, 06:54 AM)wunderbier Wrote: That first synth that comes in stays quite loud throughout the entire track. I think I like what you have going on underneath it, but maybe pull it back a bit to let the other parts shine through.
Hi there i agree with you about the synth i think i got a bit carried away so did some adjustments on mix 2 Big Grin
Reaper user
(29-04-2020, 04:09 PM)Cudjoe Wrote:
(29-04-2020, 06:54 AM)wunderbier Wrote: That first synth that comes in stays quite loud throughout the entire track. I think I like what you have going on underneath it, but maybe pull it back a bit to let the other parts shine through.
Hi there i agree with you about the synth i think i got a bit carried away so did some adjustments on mix 2 Big Grin

Much better! I like the overall frequency balance and the verse vocals. I feel like the chorus vox could be a bit brighter? The guitar solo might do with a little more oomph as well; just bumping up the volume might be enough? I personally found the low end very time consuming with this track as there's so much going on with those bass synths. My approach was pretty radical insofar as massive EQ cuts and muting to try make it feel less cluttered. I think you could tighten it up some more without even going that far though. Might also help to scoot some of the other instrument tracks further to the sides.
(30-04-2020, 11:42 AM)wunderbier Wrote:
(29-04-2020, 04:09 PM)Cudjoe Wrote:

Much better! I like the overall frequency balance and the verse vocals. I feel like the chorus vox could be a bit brighter? The guitar solo might do with a little more oomph as well; just bumping up the volume might be enough? I personally found the low end very time consuming with this track as there's so much going on with those bass synths. My approach was pretty radical insofar as massive EQ cuts and muting to try make it feel less cluttered. I think you could tighten it up some more without even going that far though. Might also help to scoot some of the other instrument tracks further to the sides.
Thanks again for your input but i think i will leave as is for now,maybe approach it in the future,cheers.
Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe!

Compared to the verse tones, the Chorus vocals seem a little bright. I don't mind how dark the verse is, and I don't mind how bright the chorus is, but the two of them together feels off. I think it might just be the esses in the chorus, which are much more present in my vox during chorus. How many times can I type the words verse and chorus?

I like it generally. Somehow, it feels slower, though. I wonder if it is just a distortion of perception based on a compressor setting you have. Almost like the kick is behind, without it being behind? I dunno what I'm talking about sometimes. . .

Anyhoo, nice work!

Draper
Hey Cudjoe ,
I like your mix ,The Synth sounds a little upfront in the 6-7k are and maybe competing with the vocals in some spots .

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hi Cudjoe!
The mix 2 is more balanced. I like it. I prefer solo guitar little bit louder, but overall good mix Wink
(11-05-2020, 10:23 AM)mike84 Wrote: Hi Cudjoe! 
The mix 2 is more balanced. I like it. I prefer solo guitar little bit louder, but overall good mix Wink
Thanks Mike.
Reaper user