Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LIVIN LIE
Nice song my take feedback is appreciated and given back

Tried to make. it an energetic mix

.mp3    LIVIN LIE 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.66 MB)

I do find the drums to be a bit 'aggressive'. Maybe that tone could work in the chorus but at first it's just a bit of a contrast against the tones in general. The seem to have all the focus in the song. I think i hear some distortion that might be from the mix limiter. I do like the heaviness of the chorus guitars but keep an eye on the midrange. A lot seems to be going on between the snare and vocals and guitars in that range and the overall 'palette' could be expanded. Or not. But it seems like the vocal gets obscured a bit.
Hi

It sounds llke you've overcooked the drum bus .... ? To me it completely removes focus from the rest of the song. 

The kick and the snare sounds ... odd, I guess. The kick sounds like the there's a loose head somewhere and the snare has too much rattle. I do, however, like your toms.

Keep it up
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Hi Sagalegin

Thanks for mixing our song - I will leave some comments as I listen through.

- Verse guitar intro sounds good
- drums a bit high in the balance - high focus on the snare bottom - would be nice to have some 200Hz weight to the overall snare sound
- drum buss compression (I think) is making the cymbals / hihat a bit prominent and abrasive - perhaps consider dialing that aspect back a bit
- BV level takes attention from the lead vocal
- like the "let go the reins" delay/effect idea you have going
- the bridge into chorus 3 - some impact is being lost - master bus limiting or something?

Thanks again for mixing and sharing the track - hope these are helpful. I think a little bit of drum attention would be the biggest feedback point I have.

Cheers !

Thomas