Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My version of "Living Lie" by Nerve 9
It looks like we have a new forum since last night.

Here's my version of this tune. Thanks again to the composers and band for letting us learn from their work. Comments welcomed.

.mp3    Nerve9_LivingLie_Mix2A_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.94 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Hi

Your mix sounds super thin. On one side, I really miss some body to it. On the other hand, it has tamed the, otherwise, midheavy guitars.

Keep it up
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Hi Dave

Thanks for mixing our track ! I am listening through your mix.

- intro balance is nice - like your lead reverb choice
- concerned the lead vocal sounds a bit muddy. When drums and bridge guitar come in, vocals feel pushed back as other elements are brighter
- a little bit of an overall mix frequency inbalance to me - nice balance on the highs, but makes the lows feel a bit absent. Bass guitar low end?
- like the instrument balance in general
- I perceive the BVs much in front of the lead and brighter. Could just be relative balance
- cymbals maybe a bit high in the overall balance (?). These mics are more cymbal mics than overheads. Your processing of them sounds nice though.
- like all your lead guitar treatments - balance there sounds great

Thanks again for mixing our song and sharing ! I hope some of the observations help a bit !

Thomas