Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain
- Purple? Whatever... Smile.

- I dunno, I feel there is some nice interplay between the guitars, hence my choice.
- Snare - I think it's mostly the low cut and maybe too short release on the gate cutting the ambience off too much. I do seem to have a problem with snares though for some reason.
- Bass - I thought it popped out ok at points, but I didn't automate it so maybe there's some interest that I've missed. I'll take a look at it anyway.
- Remarkably my M1 vsti just had a suprise update. The GUI is now resizeable! Ham fisted 7ths and 909 kicks all round! Honestly, if I could only have one vsti, it would be the M1.
- Just the prime numbered mixes? Interesting, I have not gone into such detailed analysis. I hadn't noticed there was any particular pattern to my mixes that suck... I thought it was a more general thing Big Grin.

Yeah - I might agree with the drums, but not the 2nd guitar. I get what you mean regarding mixing the song though. I dunno, I quite the vocal delivery style.

I do generally feel that I am missing the mark by miles with regard to making things more exciting and interesting to listen to, or something like that. I am probably being a bit shy, and less instinctive perhaps? I dunno. I feel that I have, previously, generally been over doing it with eq, reverb and effects and am probably being a touch too cautious now perhaps? I always get the feeling that there is *something* I am just not getting, hence asking for other refs, etc...

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by mikej - 26-04-2020, 04:46 PM
RE: The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by Roy - 26-04-2020, 05:27 PM
RE: The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by Roy - 26-04-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by mikej - 26-04-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by Roy - 26-04-2020, 10:41 PM
RE: The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by mikej - 26-04-2020, 11:35 PM
RE: The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by Roy - 26-04-2020, 11:48 PM
RE: The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by mikej - 27-04-2020, 12:34 AM
RE: The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by Roy - 27-04-2020, 12:49 AM
RE: The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by mikej - 01-05-2020, 02:36 PM
RE: The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain - by Roy - 01-05-2020, 06:17 PM